This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

#101Mordecai the MadPosted 1/11/2013 3:41:45 PM
I never have, doubt I ever will.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/643653261/noctemis
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/522716131/legends-of-dawn
#102Rideps1Posted 1/11/2013 3:47:52 PM(edited)
I managed somehow to stand my Serperiour all the way through Black 1, then ditched him for my Bisharp in post, but White 2's Samurot got ditched by the 8th gym. Mainly because of his nature though, and the playthrough style I was going with. I had mostly rock and ground types, so I had to swap to him against fightings, but..... Well.. Defense low.

My Aron felt more like the starter most the time, anyway. (I traded over eggs to have a team ASAP.)

Before that though, no. Barely even removed from postgame teams. Blaziken and Empoleon were my first 100s, free of rare candy use. Unless you count the Muk and Golduck I got in Red because Missingno.... I didn't use rare candies, after all! :D
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#103jaoman9Posted 1/11/2013 3:52:57 PM
Never in fact my starter is the only Pokemon i ever use in playthroughs i cant be bothered to train any others
#104AlexTheNextOnePosted 1/11/2013 3:56:33 PM
I'm absolutely sure I've boxed my starters in both my Blue and Gold versions at some point, but it was probably just to grind some levels and maybe even evolve a few Pokemon. I've always relied very heavily on my Venusaur and Feraligatr, overall.
---
Playing: Torchlight II, Tales of Graces f
#105P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/11/2013 3:58:33 PM
I did during English Black 2, but that's because I bred a team of my favorites so that I could use them
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#106Kar31189Posted 1/11/2013 4:01:08 PM
most pokemon games now days i pick my starter catch my first pokemon and then box it, i do no starter runs all the time i like the challenge :)
#107Skull_proPosted 1/11/2013 4:02:18 PM
On my current SS run, I boxed Totodile in favor for Slowpoke (now Slowking thanks to me owning HG too)
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#108ChicagoTed_Posted 1/11/2013 4:04:51 PM
Picked Squirtle. Kept it on my final team.
Picked Chikorita. Kept it on my final team.
Picked Torchic. Kept it on my final team.
Picked Piplup. Kept it on my final team.
Picked Oshawott. Kept it on my final team.
Picked Oshawott again (W2). Boxed it. Caught Riolu. Kept it in my final team instead.

Going to pick Fennekin. Most likely going to keep it on my final team. I like it.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#109Karnage4208238Posted 1/11/2013 4:05:10 PM
i have in every gen i have played since the 3rd gen because all the starters after that gen have suck big time and are not wroth my time and all i need is my salamence that i still have form my first time through pokemon sapphire witch is always traded when ever i get a new game
#110Emperor_mateusPosted 1/11/2013 4:12:00 PM
Nope not me. So far all the starters where good enough for the job and I always liked at least on of them.

Serperior wasn't the best pokemon, but he was still perfectly useable, that and I looked how he looked.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...