This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

User Info: Mr_Pretty

Mr_Pretty
3 years ago#131
I usually do when I get enough pokemon to start forming a basic strategy for my party. The only exceptions are Pikachu from Yellow, and whenever I pick the water starter. I usually turn the water starter into a HM slave. They do get to enjoy the sunlight for a little bit since I usually try to evolve most of my pokemon to their final form.
"Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings." Heinrich Heine
AKA Couchpotatodx

User Info: blackwaltz3

blackwaltz3
3 years ago#132
I have before but usually I keep it in my main party
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds

User Info: zeldafan477

zeldafan477
3 years ago#133
I did with my grass starter in Black 2. I swapped it out for Keldeo when the starters usefulness was outlived. I just now brought it back out, post-E4, to have it evolve to its final form.
Not changing this until Capcom either gets their act together or the company goes under (Dragon's Dogma was a good start.)

User Info: Roanark

Roanark
3 years ago#134
XWolfO posted...
No. I always keep my starter with me. If I choose the one I don't like, I just start a new game.

This.
I've done it almost every generation to find my favorite.

User Info: Dreag0n

Dreag0n
3 years ago#135
Once, in my current I boxed Serperior. For some reason I expected him to be better this time than the first time I chose him and restarted the game because he was crap.
"How the Christ do you expect to reverse-Atlantis an entire city? You're just the Dragonborn, not the Daedric Prince of Civil Engineering." - DocWily

User Info: beebarb

beebarb
3 years ago#136
Sometimes, particularly when I am doing a run with Pikachu as my lead (just something I do for fun on occasion since Pikachu is my favourite).
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644

User Info: FFFanatic1234

FFFanatic1234
3 years ago#137
I boxed my Pikachu on a playthrough of Yellow once....... yeah.

Thing is, Pikachu was never my headliner in that game. For some reason I'd always catch and train a Pidgey. Pidgeot was my headliner then, way back.
Official Sabin and Layle of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.

User Info: yoshirpg

yoshirpg
3 years ago#138
never
Pokemon WHITE 2 FC: 4556-8603-2383 Name: Nate
Youtube website: http://www.youtube.com/user/scigamerfan07

User Info: maslada

maslada
3 years ago#139
Until the 5th gen starters I hadn't, but god are they bad. Samurott is ok, but the other 2 are outclassed even early on. Hell Simisage is as good as Serperior, not that grass is all that good anyway.

User Info: Tayo2345

Tayo2345
3 years ago#140
Only on SoulSilver because I hate gen 2 and on my newest Emerald ROM playthrough, because I'm hacking to get whatever I want whenever I want.
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived