This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

#171Luigifan141Posted 1/12/2013 2:22:32 PM
I have boxed my starters, but only twice. The first was in Pokémon Colosseum, where I liked Espeon but thought Umbreon sucks for the in-game battles, so I ended up boxing one of my starters while keeping the other starter. (I'm suprised this is the first time that Colosseum has been mentioned...)

The second time was in Black 2, where I did a Jigglypuff solo-run. My starter for B2 was Tepig, FYI, because Sammurott isn't super effective against Jiggs while Emboar is.

Also, I just wanted to say that I've never boxed Pikachu in my multiple playthroughs of Yellow. I keep seeing people say that they boxed the little rodent because of how useless he is, but that's exactly why I liked to use Pikachu. It adds a bit of challenge to the game for me.

andis1992 posted...
the second time, was with pokemon ruby. I used jirachi off of the Colosseum bonus disc as my starter, and that was 100% win.

Wow, and I thought that I was the only person who used the Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc to download Jirachi to my Pokémon Ruby game. It's good to see other people that also managed to get that disc!
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???