This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

#21emeraldfox_09Posted 1/11/2013 12:08:11 PM
I haven't, don't think I will either. Only for postgame, though.
---
I often yell at my Wii not to patronize me - Wario_man
Bianca <3. I like Shauntal too.
#22The_Undying_84Posted 1/11/2013 12:09:04 PM
Not really, I definitely used them the least in White+Black 2 though, due to the fact that Gen V starters suck.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#23shadow_sakePosted 1/11/2013 12:10:30 PM
Nope.
---
PSN: Shadow_Sake
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#24TheRedLumaPosted 1/11/2013 12:11:13 PM
I don't think I have but my memory is somewhat hazy. The only thing I remember is doing the Emerald cloning glitch wrong and my Sceptile went missing... While it is a little bit sad, it's my least favorite of the final Hoenn starters, so whatever.
---
White 2: Nikki
FC: 3697-8095-3793
#25AccrovideogamesPosted 1/11/2013 12:11:51 PM
I accidentally released my Pikachu from Yellow as a kid, I didn't understand English back in the day (read my signature), but I eventually restarted my game a few times. Apart from that, my starter has always been part of my main team. Since Generation IV however, I started the habit of replacing one of my Pokémon for a HM slave when needed, if my starter is the one having a disadvantage during these parts of the game, I would box it. It's always part of my main team and I always keep it for the Elite Four.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#26Sir WillPosted 1/11/2013 12:18:57 PM
He goes in if I have too many and need to box one temporarily but never permanently. It's your start, gotta stick with em.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#27Robot_SoopaPosted 1/11/2013 12:37:14 PM
I do it all the time.

I don't like exclusive Pokemon. I feel more in touch with Pokemon when I'm using Pokemon that anyone can get.
#28tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/11/2013 12:42:13 PM(edited)
Yes. The starters in Johto weren't that great. Same with Unova. Loved the Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh starters.

Although SoulSilver made Feraligatr fun thanks to the physical/special split.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#29SteelPunk808(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 12:47:14 PM
I think I'm justified. Put it this way, I was young and naive. Also easily frustrated. I got my @$$ handed to me when I used Chikorita/Bayleaf in the first half of the game. The 1-4 gym matchups were not favorable. My team literally improved when I boxed Bayleaf. I trained my Heracross and Espeon real hard. Like I said, they both worked cohesively to form a deadly core to my team. Gyarados and Ho-oh were icing on the cake. Ampharos and Gengar weren't extremely necassary, i just got them for type variety.
---
Team Axis for Pokemon X and Y. Calling it now :p
01/08/2013
#30Swiftblade09Posted 1/11/2013 12:50:00 PM
SteelPunk808 posted...
I think I'm justified. Put it this way, I was young and naive. Also easily frustrated. I got my @$$ handed to me when I used Chikorita/Bayleaf in the first half of the game. The 1-4 gym matchups were not favorable. My team literally improved when I boxed Bayleaf. I trained my Heracross and Espeon real hard. Like I said, they both worked cohesively to form a deadly core to my team. Gyarados and Ho-oh were icing on the cake. Ampharos and Gengar weren't extremely necassary, i just got them for type variety.

Meganium is awesome gen 2. Also makes 3rd gym easier than it already was. Meganium can tank just about anything ingame.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards