This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

#31MrKennedy320Posted 1/11/2013 12:58:57 PM
I boxed Feraligatr towards the end of the my Jhoto gym crawl in SS. I had Pokemon with better stats and more diverse move-sets.

I usually keep my starter, though.
---
GT: MrKennedy320
PSN: MrKennedy320
#32GATTJTPosted 1/11/2013 1:01:01 PM
Out of the multiple times I've played through White, I've used a starter all the way once. Serperior and Emboar are just terribly outclassed. Samurott is okay though.
---
Second in command to CE's resident villain and head of his army of evil minions.
#33bowser1985Posted 1/11/2013 1:02:35 PM
Usually I keep my starter until after I beat the E4, but in B2, I got rid of my Oshawott as soon as I caught a Psyduck. Never was a fan.
---
"It all starts with this....A jewel containing the ultimate power." -The great Shadow the Hedgehog
#34G-ScythePosted 1/11/2013 1:03:12 PM
Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow
way too weak to carry my team like most of my starters usually do
I just taught Nidoking thunderbolt and he was much more useful
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#35guedesbrawlPosted 1/11/2013 1:07:49 PM
prinplup in diamond.it's ugly.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#36DcmRulzPosted 1/11/2013 1:12:05 PM(edited)
Boxed Pikachu in Yellow (hated him so much).
-Fire Red (Bulbasaur stunk, boxed it as soon as I obtained Venusaur)
-Platinum (Once my Turtwig evolved into Torterra, Boxed immediately)
-Heart Gold (wanted to beat the game without my Cyndaquil for added challenge, so I ran through with Mareep and Gyarados)
-White 2 (just plain didn't like Samurott, but needed the pokedex entry, so boxed as soon as I evolved)

Now that I think about it, seems like every 3rd game/sequel/remake in all generations, I ditch the starter.
---
Hail to the Eons! Xbox GT: Dcmrulz
3DS FC: 4768-7440-3813
#37XashowdPosted 1/11/2013 1:10:35 PM
Never until the Post-Game, and then it depends on the circumstances. I catch teammates that can complement my Starter and take care of any Type Disadvantage. Post-Game is when I start any Mass Trades to complete the Pokedex, so the Starter usually becomes overshadowed by the assorted legends coming over, which is when I box my starter, but only if the Starter can't keep up. If my Starter fills an important role or is very fast/powerful, they tend to stay for a longer while.
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#38SlimeStackPosted 1/11/2013 1:12:07 PM
I have done it in the past, but I've never done it for the first playthrough.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#39Riku994Posted 1/11/2013 1:12:08 PM
Infernape in Diamond when I got to the E4.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable." - Noctis Lucis Caelum
PSN: Riku994
#40TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/11/2013 1:14:14 PM
Emboar is the only one I have ever had to do that with. I used Infernape through gen 4, Blaziken through gen 3, Typhlosion through gen 2, and Charizard in gen 1.

However in gen 5 I got rid of Emboar quickly and replaced him with a Zorua that then became a Zoroark. Which then mated with Ditto and then Ditto mated with those children to make a box full. The one I liked the most out of the bunch I sent to Black 2. So I played through Black 2 with a Zoroark. Now I have two games that each have a box full of Zorua. I better be able to send them to Y.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6