This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?
3 years ago#31
I boxed Feraligatr towards the end of the my Jhoto gym crawl in SS. I had Pokemon with better stats and more diverse move-sets.

I usually keep my starter, though.
GT: MrKennedy320
PSN: MrKennedy320
3 years ago#32
Out of the multiple times I've played through White, I've used a starter all the way once. Serperior and Emboar are just terribly outclassed. Samurott is okay though.
Second in command to CE's resident villain and head of his army of evil minions.
3 years ago#33
Usually I keep my starter until after I beat the E4, but in B2, I got rid of my Oshawott as soon as I caught a Psyduck. Never was a fan.
"It all starts with this....A jewel containing the ultimate power." -The great Shadow the Hedgehog
3 years ago#34
Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow
way too weak to carry my team like most of my starters usually do
I just taught Nidoking thunderbolt and he was much more useful
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
3 years ago#35
prinplup in's ugly.
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
3 years ago#36
Boxed Pikachu in Yellow (hated him so much).
-Fire Red (Bulbasaur stunk, boxed it as soon as I obtained Venusaur)
-Platinum (Once my Turtwig evolved into Torterra, Boxed immediately)
-Heart Gold (wanted to beat the game without my Cyndaquil for added challenge, so I ran through with Mareep and Gyarados)
-White 2 (just plain didn't like Samurott, but needed the pokedex entry, so boxed as soon as I evolved)

Now that I think about it, seems like every 3rd game/sequel/remake in all generations, I ditch the starter.
Hail to the Eons! Xbox GT: Dcmrulz
3DS FC: 4768-7440-3813
3 years ago#37
Never until the Post-Game, and then it depends on the circumstances. I catch teammates that can complement my Starter and take care of any Type Disadvantage. Post-Game is when I start any Mass Trades to complete the Pokedex, so the Starter usually becomes overshadowed by the assorted legends coming over, which is when I box my starter, but only if the Starter can't keep up. If my Starter fills an important role or is very fast/powerful, they tend to stay for a longer while.
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
3 years ago#38
I have done it in the past, but I've never done it for the first playthrough.
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
3 years ago#39
Infernape in Diamond when I got to the E4.
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable." - Noctis Lucis Caelum
PSN: Riku994
3 years ago#40
Emboar is the only one I have ever had to do that with. I used Infernape through gen 4, Blaziken through gen 3, Typhlosion through gen 2, and Charizard in gen 1.

However in gen 5 I got rid of Emboar quickly and replaced him with a Zorua that then became a Zoroark. Which then mated with Ditto and then Ditto mated with those children to make a box full. The one I liked the most out of the bunch I sent to Black 2. So I played through Black 2 with a Zoroark. Now I have two games that each have a box full of Zorua. I better be able to send them to Y.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived