This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

User Info: mnkboy907

mnkboy907
4 years ago#61
I boxed Dewott in White after I revived Tirtouga, but that's been the only time so far. I kept Samurott on my team in White 2, though.
http://i50.tinypic.com/23qx00.jpg
"First time I got punched in the face, I was like "oh no", then I was like "this is a story"."

User Info: CM_Ponch

CM_Ponch
4 years ago#62
During my most recent runs in Black and my first run in Black 2. I had played Black to recently and wanted to try something new, dropped Emboar off and got Krookodile to lead the team. For Black 2 I made Riolu into my team's leader.
http://i.imgur.com/RIwMn.png

User Info: HolyCorsair

HolyCorsair
4 years ago#63
Depends. Sometimes I'm feeling it. I'll usually use a starter during the first playthrough of a new generation game, but in subsequent playthroughs, I'll usually box it as soon as I have something else.

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
4 years ago#64
Out of principle, I never box my starter. But I have to admit, Gen 5 was the first generation where the thought entered my mind. I really hope these new starters aren't disappointing compared to other options.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: Roast_Grief

Roast_Grief
4 years ago#65
Only once, with Servine.
Uh... Zoop.
Official Gengar of the Pokemon X Board.

User Info: GoldenJoe24

GoldenJoe24
4 years ago#66
My Serperior has only been in a box long enough to let my friend add him to his pokedex. He's my favorite and most powerful, and has single handedly carried the team more times than I can remember.

User Info: bretonftw

bretonftw
4 years ago#67
Yeah when I was a kid I went through FireRed using solely Pidgeot :P
FROAKIE!

User Info: Phantom_Nook

Phantom_Nook
4 years ago#68
Only once, in XD I boxed Eevee.
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442

User Info: robill18

robill18
4 years ago#69
I never boxed my starter until Gen 5, I hated all three of them so I didn't want to use any of them for my first few play throughs but I eventually got around to using them later.
Ghost ride the unicycle.

User Info: foxizard

foxizard
4 years ago#70
First and only time I've done this so far has been during my current playthrough of White 2.

I boxed my Snivy for a Treecko.
Currently Playing: Fantasy Life, Pokemon White 2, Super Mario Bros. 2 (J), Fable III.
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2944-2414
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived