This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?
4 years ago#71
I do starters are ok but personally like a team without a starter there kinda overrated even more than legendaries gets annoying seeing people use it because u seen it enough times
the puppy tried to moo but chose to eat steak instead
4 years ago#72
Ever since I learned the breeding mechanics (back in R/S/E probably), I haven't used a starter after the first playthrough. If it is the second release of a generation, the starter never makes it past my first opportunity to trade with another game.
BSG
4 years ago#73
I've almost always kept my starter as part of the party, partly because I always choose the water starter. The only time I can remember that I didn't keep my starter was way back in my first Yellow playthrough. I think I boxed Pikachu either between facing Brock and Misty or after defeating Misty
PSN: Carbs91
Evolution IS going in reverse
4 years ago#74
Many, many times.
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth
4 years ago#75
Never, although I've only fully played through the games with a starter I love (Charizard, Typhlosion, Serperior). I never played 3rd gen because I just really hate all 3 starters so much I couldn't bear to pick one.
4 years ago#76
Only in "third versions".

I always pick the water starter, and then if I get a new game on the same gen like Platinum or BW2, I'll pick fire/grass but box it immediately, usually trading it on the GTS later.
4 years ago#77
Melkac posted...
I boxed Servine...ugh, what a horrible starter. I can't believe people actually liked Snivy...for its design.

No other starter has been boxed by me.

Same here. I never thought I would. I thought Snivy was cute, but it just never grew useful, even as Servine. Not replacing it with an Adamant Sewaddle would have been idiotic.
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
4 years ago#78
I always used them in Red, Yellow and Silver. Since Ruby I started to dislike the starting pokémon and only use them until I catch something more appealing.

The only pokémon I never abandoned was my Scizor. I hatched him from an egg in Platinum and have since then used him in Heartgold, White, and Black 2 and will try to get him into X as soon as possible (if it's possible).
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln.
4 years ago#79
I dont, it doesnt seem right to do so. I feel it would be equal to Ash ditching Pikachu.
3DS FC: 0216-0969-9464
4 years ago#80
Once, in my playthrough of Platinum.

I boxed Chimchar at the first possibility and traded over eggs of all 3 of the Kanto starters, and played with those.

To be fair, I had already completed Diamond.
Friends don't let friends buy digital clothes with real money.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived