This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

#71Psychofang12001Posted 1/11/2013 2:34:02 PM
I do starters are ok but personally like a team without a starter there kinda overrated even more than legendaries gets annoying seeing people use it because u seen it enough times
---
the puppy tried to moo but chose to eat steak instead
#72Rogue MuttPosted 1/11/2013 2:38:16 PM
Ever since I learned the breeding mechanics (back in R/S/E probably), I haven't used a starter after the first playthrough. If it is the second release of a generation, the starter never makes it past my first opportunity to trade with another game.
---
BSG
#7391sportsfanPosted 1/11/2013 2:41:46 PM
I've almost always kept my starter as part of the party, partly because I always choose the water starter. The only time I can remember that I didn't keep my starter was way back in my first Yellow playthrough. I think I boxed Pikachu either between facing Brock and Misty or after defeating Misty
---
PSN: Carbs91
Evolution IS going in reverse
#74VycoulPosted 1/11/2013 2:43:26 PM
Many, many times.
---
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth
#75Jack_the_monke7Posted 1/11/2013 2:44:22 PM
Never, although I've only fully played through the games with a starter I love (Charizard, Typhlosion, Serperior). I never played 3rd gen because I just really hate all 3 starters so much I couldn't bear to pick one.
#76overmaxxPosted 1/11/2013 2:45:19 PM
Only in "third versions".

I always pick the water starter, and then if I get a new game on the same gen like Platinum or BW2, I'll pick fire/grass but box it immediately, usually trading it on the GTS later.
#77Dr Edward RoivasPosted 1/11/2013 2:45:44 PM
Melkac posted...
I boxed Servine...ugh, what a horrible starter. I can't believe people actually liked Snivy...for its design.

No other starter has been boxed by me.

Same here. I never thought I would. I thought Snivy was cute, but it just never grew useful, even as Servine. Not replacing it with an Adamant Sewaddle would have been idiotic.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#78M_de_graaffPosted 1/11/2013 2:46:16 PM
I always used them in Red, Yellow and Silver. Since Ruby I started to dislike the starting pokémon and only use them until I catch something more appealing.

The only pokémon I never abandoned was my Scizor. I hatched him from an egg in Platinum and have since then used him in Heartgold, White, and Black 2 and will try to get him into X as soon as possible (if it's possible).
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln.
#79BoomhPosted 1/11/2013 2:47:05 PM
I dont, it doesnt seem right to do so. I feel it would be equal to Ash ditching Pikachu.
---
3DS FC: 0216-0969-9464
#80SytherantisPosted 1/11/2013 2:47:46 PM
Once, in my playthrough of Platinum.

I boxed Chimchar at the first possibility and traded over eggs of all 3 of the Kanto starters, and played with those.

To be fair, I had already completed Diamond.
---
Friends don't let friends buy digital clothes with real money.