This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it safe to assume X is more popular because most of you prefer the deer?

#21Dracovian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 12:43:35 PM
ArabianPenguins posted...
Are the names "Pokemon X" and "Pokemon Y" confirmed, or are these just tentative titles for now?

They are confirmed.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#22DemonSlayer92Posted 1/11/2013 12:44:29 PM
Oh Snap.
---
I am the Official STEELIX of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
and Married to Delia Ketchum
#23overmaxxPosted 1/11/2013 12:46:01 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
the letter X automatically makes anything cool. duh.
#24ArabianPenguinsPosted 1/11/2013 12:49:34 PM
Dracovian
(Topic Creator)
Posted 1/11/2013 11:43:35 AM
message detail
ArabianPenguins posted...
Are the names "Pokemon X" and "Pokemon Y" confirmed, or are these just tentative titles for now?

They are confirmed.

Thanks. The transition from colors to letters in the title seems interesting.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
Pokemon White Friend Code: Miley 4813 9559 2030
#25AmphetaPosted 1/11/2013 12:50:56 PM
No Im only here 'cause X more topics. Im actually getting Y.
#26SpeedDaemonPosted 1/11/2013 12:51:19 PM
I actually feel Yveltal has had a more positive reaction than Xerneus (though both are immensely popular). X will inevitably sell better because X is a "cool" letter. I'm undecided, myself. I'll weigh all the differences. Right now the score is 2-0 in favor of X because I like Xerneus slightly more than Yveltal (though Sugimori draws Yveltal better than Xerneus, the concept art is way better) and blue is my favorite color.

In terms of the boards themselves, as others have said, it's simply because the "Red" version of the game always has the more active board. People post on the HeartGold board more than the SoulSilver board even though SoulSilver sold more copies I believe.
---
Terry McAuliffe for Governor '14
#27Bane_Of_DespairPosted 1/11/2013 12:51:47 PM
3 reasons why I prefer X:

1. The letter X is cooler (coming from my past history with Kingdom Hearts). Also, "Pokemon X" sounds so much cooler than "Pokemon Y".

2. Blue's my favorite color, so Blue > Red

3. The deer is cooler.
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
#28abcDSBTPosted 1/11/2013 12:52:11 PM
CrapFactory posted...
I think it's the fact that the letter X is there.

Y is what I'll get. The deer has stupid pointy feet that are ugly. Plus I'm a d00d (Y Chromosome here!).

I don't see how the deer could be more popular physically. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Those "stupid pointy feet" are swords. Xerneas has SWORDS for feet!
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
#29RethalwolfPosted 1/11/2013 12:56:32 PM
Well, my favorite color is blue, so that's a factor.
I'm a really big fan of deer, and base a lot of things around stags and wolves. Though I think Xerneas may be female due to, well, X, plus female reindeer also have antlers (and if Xerneas represents the north pole with Yvelta representing the equator as I'm guessing, it would stand to reason that Xerneas was a feminine reindeer. Even though they'll probably be genderless.

But it doesn't matter since I'll be getting both anyway and I prefer blue.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."