This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else disappointed by...

#11landsharkx619(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 11:45:08 AM
well I guess you guys wanted different I just always liked my handheld games that way :(
---
---
-Landshark, the reason you're afraid to go alone Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3449-6463
#12DracovianPosted 1/11/2013 11:48:37 AM
It will be great TC. It will finally feel more organic and the visuals are sure to grow on you over time. We all just have to adjust.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#13TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/11/2013 12:09:32 PM
TheRealKilroy posted...
overmaxx posted...
How can you get disappointed by Stadium-like animation quality in the main games (FINALLY)?

Because it's only Stadium-like. We had this like 15 years ago. We should be at VR-moon-people quality by now.

You do realize that the fidelity of the cell shading in this game is better than the fidelity of the texturing in the stadium games.

This is most likely going to take a decent amount of the 3DS's power and already hitting the goal of anime art style. That is the point. Doesn't look like clay.

The evidence of the fidelity is in the models themselves. I didn't see any cases of curved sections being limited by polygons.

http://www.mario64.nl/Review_Pokemon_Stadium.JPG

See Mewtwo's tail there has these edges that just form from the polygons in use being limited by the 64 bit system. The texturing on the stomach is poor and it doesn't look like Mewtwo's signature body type with the tail part being very distinct from the rest of his body. It looks to blend from purple to white when the normal one just has a dead end.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Mewtwo.png

I guarantee you won't see that same issue in X and Y
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#14AmphetaPosted 1/11/2013 12:24:23 PM
What in the world are you talking about? This is the first 3D Pokemon game!
#15KentousaiPosted 1/11/2013 1:51:50 PM
Personally I felt like I would miss the sprites when they finally made this transition, but seeing it in action has me very excited. Although if you prefer the sprites or just miss them that's very understandable. On the plus side though it looks as if the core gameplay hasn't changed that much, so that's good right? Also who knows maybe the 3D models will grow on you?
#16ArcRay20Posted 1/11/2013 2:04:44 PM
Ampheta posted...
What in the world are you talking about? This is the first 3D Pokemon game!

the DS games did start to use 3D early, just not in heavy amount.
its more noticable in the Gen4 remakes of Gold and Silver as there are a lot of 3D models on the landscape.

Gen5 games its very obvious that its all 2D sprites on 3D planes, even in the battles.

so Gen6 brings us a FULLY 3D pokemon game. i still gotta say though, i didnt think we would be getting the next Gen this soon.
---
Always remember: For every five minutes, you waste an hour.
-Arc Ray