This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With Pokemon going full 3D, should we get new and better Pokemon cries?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 1/11/2013 12:46:40 PM
I think that is really needed, the way that Pokemon cries sound feel very dated at this point
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2NeoToastDXPosted 1/11/2013 12:47:27 PM
No. Those are their real voices.
---
Tetris is the sport of Danish Kings.
Brawl FC: 4940-5099-9482
#3Genesis DragonPosted 1/11/2013 12:51:53 PM
I hope so. Remastered cries are something that should have been done long ago.
---
Politics is weird. And creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. -Shepard Smith
#4darkphoenix181Posted 1/11/2013 12:52:02 PM
you mean have them say their name like in the anime?
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#5jayman7Posted 1/11/2013 12:53:35 PM
They could just use the cries from Stadium for Pokemon of the first two generations. The fourth- and fifth-gen cries are fine, and the third-gen cries are at least better than those of the first two gens. They don't have to use their anime voices.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6SlimeStackPosted 1/11/2013 1:09:18 PM
I don't think anime voices will work because then the European release would have to have the names said in 5 different languages, which would take up a lot of space (audio files tend to be the largest resource in games, second only to movie files).

The usual cries are universal for every language, so less work is needed and less space is consumed. Remastering the first 2 or 3 gen cries would be great if they could do that though.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#7DemonSlayer92Posted 1/11/2013 1:14:32 PM
F*** YES!

They are desperately needed.
---
I am the Official STEELIX of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
and Married to Delia Ketchum
#8jayman7Posted 1/11/2013 1:16:08 PM
As I said, we already have remastered cries for the first two gens in the Stadium games. The third gen needs it less and the fourth and fifth don't really need it at all.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/11/2013 1:16:31 PM
NeoToastDX posted...
No. Those are their real voices.

I don't think he is saying just update them. Clean them up and redo the really old ones.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#10MilsoPosted 1/11/2013 1:20:01 PM
Again, both Stadium games cleaned up the cries for the Gen 1 & 2 Pokemon. Use them and it brings them up to the same standards as the newer ones. That's all that needs to be done.

I wouldn't mind if they redid all of them either, as long as we're not talking about using the anime voices.
---
rawr