This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Psychic still be OP?

#1lazycomplifePosted 1/11/2013 2:06:05 PM
Basically every pokemon game is the same. Just obtain a Psychic pokemon (Kadabra) and put him in the front of your team. Mash A to win.
Will this game be the same or do you think they will finally dethrone psychic as being the greatest type ever?
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#2Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/11/2013 2:06:24 PM
Psychic hasn't been OP since Gen 2.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#3jayman7Posted 1/11/2013 2:07:41 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...

Exactly. Good luck mashing A to win if your Psychic's first move is a Psychic attack and you hit a Dark-type. Especially since Kadabra has terrible defenses.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4HolyCorsairPosted 1/11/2013 2:08:41 PM
Gen VI takes away the psychic type. All leftover psychic pokemon and moves are re-assigned to new typings.
#5EstheimasterPosted 1/11/2013 2:10:00 PM
Karen and Sydney and Bugsy say hi.
#6MelkacPosted 1/11/2013 2:10:03 PM
"Will Psychic still be OP?"

No, I heard they're adding a new type: "Dark", apparently that new type will be able to use super effective moves against psychic pokémon!
Oh, I also heard that the Ghost type is not weak to psychic attacks anymore. WTF Game Freak?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#7Hydroflame20Posted 1/11/2013 2:10:24 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...

Right this talk about psychic being OP is foolish.
---
Where you see a means to destroy, I see a way to control--to dominate and harness the Reapers' power. Imagine how strong humanity would be if we controlled them
#8jayman7Posted 1/11/2013 2:11:57 PM
Melkac posted...
Oh, I also heard that the Ghost type is not weak to psychic attacks anymore. WTF Game Freak?

The Ghost type was never weak to Psychic attacks. It's just that all of the first-gen Ghost-types were also Poison-types, and Poison is weak to Psychic.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 2:11:59 PM
You guys are just reassuring yourself. I understand though, cause not everyone likes psychic pokemon. But Alakazam with Psybeam, Psychic, and Recover is unstoppable.
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#10The_Undying_84Posted 1/11/2013 2:13:03 PM
Melkac posted...
"Will Psychic still be OP?"

No, I heard they're adding a new type: "Dark", apparently that new type will be able to use super effective moves against psychic pokémon!

I heard they're going to make Bug and Ghost moves that are actually attacks too.
---
PSN: TheUndying84