This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to see how they graphically handle water battles...

#1Zoramon089Posted 1/11/2013 2:35:09 PM
In 2d with no background it was alright just seeing a blue circle underneath the pokemon but it's going to look really weird now...I wonder how they'll make it look graphically. Maybe your pokemon will be swimming? That'd be awesome!
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop
#2SlimeStackPosted 1/11/2013 2:36:08 PM
Technically there's a possibility of no surfing at all. We don't really know what the 3D world will bring to the series.

But if we do, then they'll probably just stand on random platforms.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#3Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/11/2013 2:36:39 PM
I wonder if Surf will still turn our Pokemon into a Wailmer...
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#4Zoramon089(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 2:37:52 PM
SlimeStack posted...
Technically there's a possibility of no surfing at all. We don't really know what the 3D world will bring to the series.

But if we do, then they'll probably just stand on random platforms.

I doubt surf will be removed. We've seen multiple areas of the trailer that have large bodies of water. Removing surf would be an awful change.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop
#5XazealPosted 1/11/2013 2:38:12 PM
I'm guessing platforms, although it will look weird if a land-based Pokemon runs up to physically attack a water-dwelling one.

So yeah, I'm also curious to see how they handle it. I'll understand if they just have pokemon "stand" on the water, since that's what's been done in earllier generations anyway.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#6KisaiPosted 1/11/2013 2:44:52 PM
I honestly hope that it looks like they're swimming. I would love that. And I hope Dive and Dig look different depending on whether you're on land, or in water, too. On land, Dive summons a pool of water under the Pokémon that they sink into, almost like a portal, in a way. In water, Dig summons a bunch of rocks that surround the Pokémon like a tiny, one-Pokémon island, and they dig into it. During the attack on the next turn, Dive on land moves the water puddle over to the opponent, and they burst out of it, and likewise with Dig on water. The tiny group of land moves over to the opponent and they burst out from under the dirt.

Aside from that, Dive and Dig would look normal in their native areas. In water, Dive would make a Pokémon simply dive underwater, and maybe you see a faint shilouette of them swimming around underwater before they strike on the next turn.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?