This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game is gonna go just like all the other Pokemon games for me...

#1KisaiPosted 1/11/2013 2:38:36 PM
These two things. I'm not only predicting these, but anticipating it. It's tradition now.

Going through new game. Get to new route after second town. See an NPC standing absolutely still, their line of vision a direct line in front of where you're going. Sigh to self and mutter, "Let's get this over with." Proceed with the customary avoiding-of-all-trainers for rest of game.

Go to buy things. Do they have Repel? No? Don't buy anything and go to next town. Repeat. Do they have Repel? Yes? Spend every last bit of currency on them. Use them for rest of game.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#2kabigon20Posted 1/11/2013 2:39:37 PM
Not your blog.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#3Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/11/2013 2:40:22 PM
Holy cow... cant believe someone played the game already!!
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#4slizedewPosted 1/11/2013 2:41:17 PM
You're dumb if you dont take advantage of the experience trainers have to offer your Pokemon. I assume your Pokemon are usually under-leveled. Isn't battling the whole basis of the game? Why avoid it?
#5MagmastaPosted 1/11/2013 2:41:26 PM
Those buildings in the desert looks sort of like gale of darkness
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#6SlimeStackPosted 1/11/2013 2:43:10 PM
If avoiding most battles is the only way for you to get enjoyment out of the game, I don't think you should be playing Pokémon.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#7ShineboltPosted 1/11/2013 3:11:01 PM
So, why are you playing then? Seriously, battling IS the game.
---
Take this post seriously at your own risk.
#8Kisai(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:19:27 PM
You guys don't find constant random encounters or trainers just to get from point A to B annoying? Even GameFreak recognizes that. How many times have they arranged trainers in a MGS-type fashion, where you could sneak around them? There are even times where, if a trainer is looking in one direction, and then another, and back and forth, you can sneak past them that way. And if they do look in various directions like that, they're specifically programmed to look directly towards you are if you're running.

Not to mention how grassy areas tend to have ledges that allow you to avoid them if you're making a return trip. ¬_¬ This isn't just me, here. And they DO have Repels for a reason. I hope you guys don't go through the game without using Repels and then complain about the random encounters later.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#9DeathSnipe777Posted 1/11/2013 3:21:39 PM
What... what is the point of this topic?
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#10KyubininPosted 1/11/2013 3:24:00 PM
The whole point of the game is to battle though! Avoiding tall grass and trainers is just for emergencies, like when all of your Pokemon are about to die.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5m6do.gif http://i.imgur.com/aEEjL.gif http://i.imgur.com/AxEds.gif