This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really hope we get a Pokemon Z and no Pokemon X2/Y2

#1PhaseBlackPosted 1/11/2013 2:47:05 PM
Black 2 and White 2 felt like "straight to DVD" quality sequels with how bad the main game felt in comparison to Black and White (which to me are the best Pokemon games story-wise and what they brought to the series). It felt pointless going through Unova again to face Team Plasma again, they were just an overblown Gray Version with a new character and worse plot only with Pokemon of older gens scattered all-over the region.

With that being said, Game Freak should make Pokemon Z adding only to what Pokemon X/Y did but with new areas/whatever they couldnt add to them prior
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2ArcRay20Posted 1/11/2013 2:49:12 PM
i hope we get another set of Frontier Brains. though challenging it is cool and fun
---
Always remember: For every five minutes, you waste an hour.
-Arc Ray
#3SlimeStackPosted 1/11/2013 2:49:34 PM
How can replaying the same story possibly be better than playing a new story, regardless of the quality? If you want to see Black's story again, play Black.

I want sequels. A lot of people buy both the first set and enhanced edition, they may as well be designed to have a fresh experience the second time.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#4RadioRebelPosted 1/11/2013 2:54:09 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Black 2 and White 2 felt like "straight to DVD" quality sequels with how bad the main game felt in comparison to Black and White (which to me are the best Pokemon games story-wise and what they brought to the series). It felt pointless going through Unova again to face Team Plasma again, they were just an overblown Gray Version with a new character and worse plot only with Pokemon of older gens scattered all-over the region.

With that being said, Game Freak should make Pokemon Z adding only to what Pokemon X/Y did but with new areas/whatever they couldnt add to them prior

Wait, let me get this straight. They added all the hallmarks of a third version plus a lot more, but they dropped the ball on the plot, and you think they should go back to just doing the third version? Why not - get this - do exactly what they did with B2W2, but, oh I don't know, make A BETTER PLOT?

Seriously, this whole "they did something new and one part of it sucked, therefore they should go back to the old, mostly inferior thing" attitude completely baffles me.
---
Gen Sixers: Uno
Hoennbabbies: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!
#5PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 2:54:45 PM
SlimeStack posted...
How can replaying the same story possibly be better than playing a new story, regardless of the quality? If you want to see Black's story again, play Black.

I want sequels. A lot of people buy both the first set and enhanced edition, they may as well be designed to have a fresh experience the second time.

It's not replaying the "Same story", look at the way Platnum enhanced the main game of Diamond and Pearl. It was great, then we got Black and White which were even better only to get the crappy Black 2 and White 2. They were incredibly sub-par
---
PSVita & 3DS
#6SlimeStackPosted 1/11/2013 2:55:54 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
SlimeStack posted...

It's not replaying the "Same story", look at the way Platnum enhanced the main game of Diamond and Pearl. It was great, then we got Black and White which were even better only to get the crappy Black 2 and White 2. They were incredibly sub-par

Platinum has the exact same story... you just fight Giratina at the end instead of Dialga or Palkia. I loved Platinum, but Black 2 and White 2 were certainly a much fresher experience.
---
#7overmaxxPosted 1/11/2013 2:56:46 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
SlimeStack posted...

Pretty sure you are in the minority here.
#8GastroidPosted 1/11/2013 2:56:59 PM(edited)
Pokemon = (X+2)(Y-2)
---
The Creepin' Squid
Now with 90% more horrors
#9PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 2:59:26 PM
RadioRebel posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

Wait, let me get this straight. They added all the hallmarks of a third version plus a lot more, but they dropped the ball on the plot, and you think they should go back to just doing the third version? Why not - get this - do exactly what they did with B2W2, but, oh I don't know, make A BETTER PLOT?

Seriously, this whole "they did something new and one part of it sucked, therefore they should go back to the old, mostly inferior thing" attitude completely baffles me.

It has nothing to do with just the crap plot, the effort to make them real sequels felt minimal at best. And thats because of the limitations, you dont seem to understand that things like new villains and other real additions are saved for the next Pokemon games.

So what are the points of these sequels? To bring back the same old villain from the last games that have been defeated and seem like much less of a threat?
---
PSVita & 3DS
#10SlimeStackPosted 1/11/2013 3:02:17 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
So what are the points of these sequels? To bring back the same old villain from the last games that have been defeated and seem like much less of a threat?

The point is to have a second outing in Unova without having the exact same adventure again. Like I said, it's a fresher experience having a different cast and plot.
---