This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IV, EV, and LMNOP

#1BegingamePosted 1/11/2013 8:54:23 PM
I realize this might not be a popular thought process here since a majority of the gamers here only own handhelds to play one game: Pokemon. But...

When the only people who play competitively are also aware of and take advantage of the invisible time sink stat grinds that Nintendo implemented, wouldn't it be easier and a quality of life improvement to just drop the systems in the first place and shift the focus of the game's strategy back to elements and move sets? There would still be leveling, and breeding for move pollination, and other customizable stuff...or do you feel the desire to be able to crush more casual players so badly that you against this?

The only reason I bring this up is because there are already people asking "OMG when does Action Replay for 3DS come out?!? We actually have to time sink for that stuff now?" for the 3DS versions, along with some people actually hoping you CAN'T trade between Gen 6 and older games just to completely kill off hacked Pokemon. It seems like there is a major issue in game design when this is the case.
#2EstheimasterPosted 1/11/2013 8:57:07 PM
That's why I suggest in my topic leaving the IVs, but making them manipulable to the general public.

EVs are fine. They're easy to use if you want to.

What is LMNOP? Oh, I just got that when I typed it.

My topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65157651
#3ChronoAcePosted 1/11/2013 8:58:55 PM
Get rid of IVs and make EVs visible and easier to understand.