This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is a terrible idea, so feel free to mock it.

#1Zarren364Posted 1/12/2013 12:32:27 AM
I was just wondering how broken it would be if in the "big" battles (gym, bosses, rival, legendaries, E4, champion) the opponent's pokemon had boosted stats? I don't mean perfect IV's, or EV's, I mean that the had stats that couldn't be obtained at that level. I feel that most of the boost would go to HP, then other stats.

I thought about this while playing other RPG's where the bosses have stats that just kinda blow you out of the water, and how in pokemon a simple super-effective attack makes any battle a cake-walk. The more I thought about this though, the more I realized given how damage is calculated and what not, this could make battles nearly impossible.

Your thoughts?
---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
#2scrappybristolPosted 1/12/2013 12:33:53 AM
Just give them move sets that cover their weaknesses.
---
Ring Ring
#3DarthLaharlPosted 1/12/2013 12:35:37 AM
I'm up for anything that makes Pokemon more difficult.

When BW 2 came out I used Action Replay to unlock the challenge key from jump and it was still easy even when I under-leveled on purpose.
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#4The_Undying_84Posted 1/12/2013 12:36:59 AM
Why don't they start by just consistently giving them a full team, that'd be nice.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#5SuikuPosted 1/12/2013 12:37:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6AzurinaiPosted 1/12/2013 12:38:06 AM
Boosted HP by around 15x for legendaries.
Boosted HP by around 5x for gym leader pokemon
Boosted HP by around 3x for elite 4 pokemon and 7x for their main (highest level)
Boosted HP by around 10x for Champion Pokemon and Team Leaders.
Boosted HP by around 5x for the final rival battle.

I think that is fine, make the fights longer but not harder. I dunno, maybe make status like 25% to land even with no guard, poison stall would be cheap to get off at the beginning of a match.
---
"Why do I check for updates when I know there's nothing there?"
#7BenzychenzPosted 1/12/2013 12:38:15 AM
Kyurem and N's dragon definitely needed boosted stats in BW2.
It's ridiculous when a 'boss battle' is a 6v1 cakewalk.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#8jeffdogworthyPosted 1/12/2013 12:41:10 AM
Azurinai posted...
Boosted HP by around 15x for legendaries.
Boosted HP by around 5x for gym leader pokemon
Boosted HP by around 3x for elite 4 pokemon and 7x for their main (highest level)
Boosted HP by around 10x for Champion Pokemon and Team Leaders.
Boosted HP by around 5x for the final rival battle.

I think that is fine, make the fights longer but not harder. I dunno, maybe make status like 25% to land even with no guard, poison stall would be cheap to get off at the beginning of a match.

Boost HP by 15x?

That gives a level 50 giratina a minimum of like 3000 HP
#9evilvideogamerPosted 1/12/2013 12:42:07 AM
Well Ghetis had an underleveled Hydriegon in both games... I'm not against this but simply making them have the aformentioned perfect IV's and EVs in proper stats along with a proper nature and good coverage set would already make a strong case for a "difficult mode"
---
swagodile for life
Black: 0432 7698 4556
#10BountyanPosted 1/12/2013 12:46:00 AM
Just give the NPCs better and/or more Pokemon with better movepools. That alone makes it more challenging before even having to change the stats. The Unova gyms were pathetically easy because they were all limited to 3 Pokemon tops.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo