This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In all honesty, GameFreak should skip doing an R/S/E remake and just do....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. In all honesty, GameFreak should skip doing an R/S/E remake and just do....

User Info: Dark World Ruler

Dark World Ruler
4 years ago#1
Which would you rather see? - Results (201 votes)
R/S/E remakes
41.29% (83 votes)
Ruby and Sapphire sequels
58.71% (118 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Pokemon Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2

New main character, new story line set in the most recent time of the Pokemon universe, improved Hoenn region with a mix of new and older Pokemon, etc
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar

User Info: Xazeal

Xazeal
4 years ago#2
Honestly, as long as we get Hoenn with updated graphics and battle system, I don't care.

But yes, sequels would probably be better.
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board

User Info: Quetzalma

Quetzalma
4 years ago#3
But the main character already defeated/captured Groudon/Kyogre, how would they make that work? Have the old character make a cameo?

User Info: Tequila_Shot

Tequila_Shot
4 years ago#4
Quetzalma posted...
But the main character already defeated/captured Groudon/Kyogre, how would they make that work? Have the old character make a cameo?

The main character defeated/captured Groudon OR Kyogre. Not both. They both only appeared in Emerald, the battling of which were not canon (only Rayquaza's battle was canon) since they both took place post-game. Much like the reverse in Ruby and Sapphire, how Rayquaza wasn't canon, since it wasn't part of the storyline.
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k

User Info: NotChris_Hansen

NotChris_Hansen
4 years ago#5
Quetzalma posted...
But the main character already defeated/captured Groudon/Kyogre, how would they make that work?

They could make it about Latios and Latias but give them new formes to make them suitable main legendaries.

User Info: Xazeal

Xazeal
4 years ago#6
Or we could pretend Brendan/May were never born and that Aqua/Magma got their way.

30 water routes in the Sapphire remakes, guys!
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board

User Info: Keybored123

Keybored123
4 years ago#7
yes yes yes

that would be awesome

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
4 years ago#8
Sequels definitely. Visiting an older region is fun and all, but we don't need to be playing through a story we've already seen.
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs

User Info: deoxyscyclone

deoxyscyclone
4 years ago#9
Hmm... You know, I came into this thread thinking "Oh great. Another anti-Gen-3 gamer, here to say something else would be better... What is it?" But I agree. As long as Gen 3 makes it into the modern times with updated graphics, battling systems, mechanics, and some new addition, it could be a brand new game or the old ones again.

Though I admit I'll miss playing as badass Brendan. :P

And to Quetzalma, they could make it so as the old characters released the Legendaries or something. Plus, it's possible to beat the game without capturing them (why anyone would, I have no clue...). Who knows? They did it with Black 2/White 2, so it's possible.
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights

User Info: FungusForBrains

FungusForBrains
4 years ago#10
The Latias/Latios formes could pan out to be interesting, given the whole supposed DNA theme of X and Y; perhaps both could fuse with Deoxys, or they could fuse with Groudon/Kyogre respectively?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. In all honesty, GameFreak should skip doing an R/S/E remake and just do....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived