This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In all honesty, GameFreak should skip doing an R/S/E remake and just do....

#1Dark World RulerPosted 1/12/2013 5:21:51 AM
Which would you rather see? - Results (201 votes)
R/S/E remakes
41.29% (83 votes)
Ruby and Sapphire sequels
58.71% (118 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Pokemon Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2

New main character, new story line set in the most recent time of the Pokemon universe, improved Hoenn region with a mix of new and older Pokemon, etc
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2XazealPosted 1/12/2013 5:23:20 AM
Honestly, as long as we get Hoenn with updated graphics and battle system, I don't care.

But yes, sequels would probably be better.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#3QuetzalmaPosted 1/12/2013 5:32:25 AM
But the main character already defeated/captured Groudon/Kyogre, how would they make that work? Have the old character make a cameo?
#4Tequila_ShotPosted 1/12/2013 5:36:34 AM(edited)
Quetzalma posted...
But the main character already defeated/captured Groudon/Kyogre, how would they make that work? Have the old character make a cameo?

The main character defeated/captured Groudon OR Kyogre. Not both. They both only appeared in Emerald, the battling of which were not canon (only Rayquaza's battle was canon) since they both took place post-game. Much like the reverse in Ruby and Sapphire, how Rayquaza wasn't canon, since it wasn't part of the storyline.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#5NotChris_HansenPosted 1/12/2013 5:34:48 AM
Quetzalma posted...
But the main character already defeated/captured Groudon/Kyogre, how would they make that work?

They could make it about Latios and Latias but give them new formes to make them suitable main legendaries.
#6XazealPosted 1/12/2013 5:35:28 AM
Or we could pretend Brendan/May were never born and that Aqua/Magma got their way.

30 water routes in the Sapphire remakes, guys!
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#7Keybored123Posted 1/12/2013 5:35:45 AM
yes yes yes

that would be awesome
#8SlimeStackPosted 1/12/2013 5:35:46 AM
Sequels definitely. Visiting an older region is fun and all, but we don't need to be playing through a story we've already seen.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#9deoxyscyclonePosted 1/12/2013 5:36:14 AM
Hmm... You know, I came into this thread thinking "Oh great. Another anti-Gen-3 gamer, here to say something else would be better... What is it?" But I agree. As long as Gen 3 makes it into the modern times with updated graphics, battling systems, mechanics, and some new addition, it could be a brand new game or the old ones again.

Though I admit I'll miss playing as badass Brendan. :P

And to Quetzalma, they could make it so as the old characters released the Legendaries or something. Plus, it's possible to beat the game without capturing them (why anyone would, I have no clue...). Who knows? They did it with Black 2/White 2, so it's possible.
---
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#10FungusForBrainsPosted 1/12/2013 5:37:24 AM
The Latias/Latios formes could pan out to be interesting, given the whole supposed DNA theme of X and Y; perhaps both could fuse with Deoxys, or they could fuse with Groudon/Kyogre respectively?