This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

starters typing

#1B01tPosted 1/12/2013 9:26:59 AM
I heard a rumor that the starters would have secondary typings of dark/psychic/fighting.
any hope of that, or is it just wishful thinking? I think it was grass/dark, fire/psychic, water/fighting
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 1/12/2013 9:30:49 AM(edited)
I hope not. The Dark/Psychic/Fighting Starter Idea needs to die.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#3naruto6795Posted 1/12/2013 9:29:27 AM
Actually I could see this happening, something about fennekin makes me feel it would be psychic as well and same with chespin turning dark
#4lyle81992Posted 1/12/2013 9:39:02 AM
Chespin will either be Grass,Grass/Dark,Grass/Ghost or Grass/Fighting

Froakie will either be Water,Water/Ice,Water/Fighting or Water/Flying

Fennekin will be either Fire or Fire/Psychic
---
Pokemon Black FC-1592 4693 9258
#5tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/12/2013 10:00:55 AM(edited)
B01t posted...
or is it just wishful thinking?

That.

The Black/White trailers have multiple instances on the starters using moves on something that's not very effective. (Tepig hitting Gigalith with Flame Charge for example.)

The trailers seriously didn't "give away" anything.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#6MilsoPosted 1/12/2013 10:01:14 AM
They use moves in the trailer that might suggest they have a secondary type, but Pokemon are often shown using moves that don't give them a STAB and some of the theories are tenuous at best, particularly Froakie being fighting because he uses a physical attack.

I don't think Fenniken using screech/confuse ray/possibly psywave is particularly strong proof either.
---
rawr
#7erekwashere15Posted 1/12/2013 10:03:57 AM
lyle81992 posted...
Grass/Ghost

This can never be a base starter type. All of the starters have a what type of attack at level 5? And what types are Ghost immune? Maybe the last two in the line, but never the first one.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#8Aqua69696Posted 1/12/2013 10:06:36 AM
lyle81992 posted...
Chespin will either be Grass,Grass/Dark,Grass/Ghost or Grass/Fighting

Froakie will either be Water,Water/Ice,Water/Fighting or Water/Flying

Fennekin will be either Fire or Fire/Psychic

Chespin is Grass/Dark

Fennekin is Fire/Psychic

Froakie is Water/Fighting

This gives a 2 way elemental trio, giving each pokemon the means to fight back at it's super effective counterpart.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#9scrappybristolPosted 1/12/2013 10:09:32 AM
Chespin: Grass/Normal or Grass/Fighting
Fennekin: Fire/Psychic
Froakie: Water/Ice or Water/Electric
---
Ring Ring
#10tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/12/2013 10:27:53 AM
erekwashere15 posted...
lyle81992 posted...
Grass/Ghost

This can never be a base starter type. All of the starters have a what type of attack at level 5? And what types are Ghost immune? Maybe the last two in the line, but never the first one.

Gastly could be caught before the first gym in GSC if I remember right. Nasty advantage that had for sure.

Milso posted...
They use moves in the trailer that might suggest they have a secondary type, but Pokemon are often shown using moves that don't give them a STAB and some of the theories are tenuous at best, particularly Froakie being fighting because he uses a physical attack.

I don't think Fenniken using screech/confuse ray/possibly psywave is particularly strong proof either.

Holy crap, someone agrees with me.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.