This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starter Topics & Discussion

#1ADono4Posted 1/12/2013 10:52:52 AM
If you had the choice to decide all of these questions, what would your decisions be?

1.) Fennekin's two evolutions are bipedal.

2.) The starters follow the two type trios (fire/water/grass & psychic/fight/dark) as follows (Froakie - Water/Fighting... Fenneking - Fire/Psychic... Chespin - Grass/Dark). The secondary types would have super effectiveness against the pokemon whose primary typing is super effective against the first pokemon, thus evening out the three pokemon.

3.) The final evolutions not having secondary types.

4.) A change in abilities. The usual "ups *insert type here* in a pinch is the standard for starters. How about a change?

5.) If yes to the above question, what is your suggestion?
---
This signature will not be changed until someone tells me to do otherwise.
#2TableFlipPosted 1/12/2013 10:54:36 AM
1)Yes,because fan service=more money

2)Er...tl'dr

3)No

4)Nah

5)None
---
I don't even know anymore.
#3GATTJTPosted 1/12/2013 11:12:30 AM

No, I'm tired of all the fire starters' final evos being bipedal, I want one that stays on four legs for a change.

2.) The starters follow the two type trios (fire/water/grass & psychic/fight/dark) as follows (Froakie - Water/Fighting... Fenneking - Fire/Psychic... Chespin - Grass/Dark). The secondary types would have super effectiveness against the pokemon whose primary typing is super effective against the first pokemon, thus evening out the three pokemon.

Yes.

This would be in direct contradiction to question 2, so...no. >_>

4.) A change in abilities. The usual "ups *insert type here* in a pinch is the standard for starters. How about a change?

Sure. The starter abilities are fairly situational, give them some abilities that are actually useful.

Uhhhhh...
---
Second in command to CE's resident villain and head of his army of evil minions.
#4DracovianPosted 1/12/2013 11:19:45 AM
ADono4 posted...
If you had the choice to decide all of these questions, what would your decisions be?

1. Yes, but only because we already have Ninetales.
2. Sure.
3. No. It's a standard at this point and would likely make them less viable for competitive battling.
4. Yes. Make them unique.
5. Give them something that would make them competitive. Something that would help them overcome some major drawback. Like having priority when using STAB moves but having a base speed of 50 etc.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#5PteranPosted 1/12/2013 11:32:02 AM
1. I'd prefer them to not be actually
2. Yes please
3. No
4. Yes, considering I pretty much never had the chance to activate them anyway
5. Almost anything else would be better
---
"Im talking about 2 hits. I hit you, you hit the floor."- Keenan
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 1/12/2013 11:32:40 AM
ADono4 posted...

1. No
2. Hell No
3. That would be -okay- but not desirable
4. Sure, as long as the ability has something to do with their type. Give Fenniken Sap Sipper, Chespin Storm Drain, and Make a new ability that is the equivalent for Froakie
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#7EstheimasterPosted 1/12/2013 11:37:05 AM
1.) Wouldn't mind, but I'd prefer it to stay quadrupedal.

2.) I likes, my precious.

3.) Annoying, but would be okay with if they made up for it in other ways (stats, movepool)

4.) Nah, I like it. Makes the battles anime-ish (We're down, but we're not out, Charizard!)

5.) Nono
#8SolarStriderPosted 1/12/2013 11:40:59 AM
1.) Wouldn't care, but I prefer my foxes quadrupedal.

2.) Have always been behind this idea.

3.) Meh.

4.) Nah, then that ability would become gimmicky, and replace where cleverer abilities could have taken their place.
---
SonOfJrAK
#9soMEguy_povoPosted 1/12/2013 11:59:25 AM(edited)
ADono4 posted...

1. I don't really care one way or the other. I'm sure the design would look fine anyway.

2. No. And why is it always Dark/Fighting/Psychic people suggest? That's a stupid, lopsided triangle. If anything, you should use Rock/Flying/Fighting... much more fair and balanced. But even then I wouldn't want it, because you'd end up with either another ****ing Fire/Fighting which would suck ass, or a 4x weakness to water. [[EDIT]] - Actually, Grass/Rock, Fire/Flying, Water/Fighting would work fine. [[/EDIT]]

3. I could live with this, but I'd be happy with 3 balanced dual types as well.

4. Absolutely. I barely even notice the power up abilities, and if I do have to rely on them, then I've done something horribly wrong as a trainer to let the situation get that bad in the first place. Let's have something actually useful in there for once.

5. Each starter should just be flat immune to a status effect. It's not dramatically more useful, but at the same time you're not breaking the game with stuff like Drought or Drizzle. To that end:
Torrent -> Water Veil
Blaze -> Magma Armour
Overgrow -> Limber
---
Another day successfully wasted.
"I'd rather die than go to heaven" - William Murderface