This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are action replay Pokemon as good as regular Pokemon?

#11overmaxxPosted 1/12/2013 1:58:11 PM
Scorpion122178 posted...
overmaxx posted...
It can be better, if you want to be a dick that is.

man you're such a joke. He hasn't even said anything about using that charmander in on-line trades or in battles. He's a dick if he makes a good charmander for his in-game?

I was just answering his question.
You can make him better, but not worse.
#12Scorpion122178Posted 1/12/2013 1:58:47 PM
Monixion posted...
Here's a question;

If you were to for instance Action Replay a Charmander into your game, this would be considered a 'Hacked' Charmander, because it's been added into the game by outside means.

But if said Charmander was then bred and produced an egg, would the later hatched Charmander also be marked as hacked or would this become legit? And if someone was to trade you one of these hacksprings, would you except it as a legit Pokemon or dismiss it as nothing but AR fodder?

Its the same thing as hacking a perfect ditto for breeding, they'll still call it cheating.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, TESV Skyrim
#13overmaxxPosted 1/12/2013 1:59:33 PM
Monixion posted...
Here's a question;

If you were to for instance Action Replay a Charmander into your game, this would be considered a 'Hacked' Charmander, because it's been added into the game by outside means.

But if said Charmander was then bred and produced an egg, would the later hatched Charmander also be marked as hacked or would this become legit? And if someone was to trade you one of these hacksprings, would you except it as a legit Pokemon or dismiss it as nothing but AR fodder?

If you breed two hacked Pokemon, the hatched one will be completely legit, as far as the game goes.

A Pokemon stops being legit when it is either created with external tools, or edited with external tools.
If it was generated inside the game, and not edited by external means, then it's legit.
#14deathbycookiesPosted 1/12/2013 2:01:12 PM
overmaxx posted...
Monixion posted...
Here's a question;

If you breed two hacked Pokemon, the hatched one will be completely legit, as far as the game goes.

A Pokemon stops being legit when it is either created with external tools, or edited with external tools.
If it was generated inside the game, and not edited by external means, then it's legit.

seriously? i might need to tamper with hacks now O.o
i've been looking thorugh grottos for the past 2 weeks and havent gotten a single female eevee...
#15overmaxxPosted 1/12/2013 2:02:35 PM
deathbycookies posted...
overmaxx posted...
Monixion posted...
Here's a question;

i've been looking thorugh grottos for the past 2 weeks and havent gotten a single female eevee...

You can look at the trade boards, they have a lot of completely legit DW females there.
#16deathbycookiesPosted 1/12/2013 2:06:20 PM
overmaxx posted...
deathbycookies posted...
overmaxx posted...
Monixion posted...
Here's a question;

You can look at the trade boards, they have a lot of completely legit DW females there.

i'm kidding about hacking. i'm the one who suggested trading for TC!
#17OldDirtyCRPosted 1/12/2013 2:13:17 PM
A lot of people I know breed "hacked" pokemon (like a perfect IV Ditto) to get a good stat egg instead of just using that hacked pokemon. This ensures it will be a completely legal pokemon in every way and can even be used in tournaments. It takes a little more time/effort than just creating the pokemon with Pokegen/AR but it removes all potential problems.

Whether it's cheating or not.... That's your call.
#18gamezrochardPosted 1/13/2013 3:17:05 PM(edited)
I do it. My friends don't complain.
It's like those Free2Play games. Where if you pay actual money, you get better weapons, gold, items, etc. I "payed" for the AR, so I save myself the grinding and such for better Pokemon.

I like playing competitive. I don't have the time because of my job and college, to sit there playing trial and error with Pokemon. I use money I earned, to save myself time. I think that's reasonable.

EDIT: I mean, breeding the Pokemon, of course. I want my Pokemon to be good, not broken.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.