This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evasion Clause kills diversity in competitive battling.

#1Jarred623Posted 1/12/2013 2:03:10 PM
Discuss.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#2_Quest_Posted 1/12/2013 2:04:29 PM
*grabs popcorn*
---
Currently Playing: Torchlight II, Pokemon Black 2, Fallen Enchantress, Lego Star Wars Saga, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#3overmaxxPosted 1/12/2013 2:07:48 PM
Double Team is BS.

I do think Sand Veil and Snow Cloak should stay, though (moreso the latter, which never did any harm)
#4TableFlipPosted 1/12/2013 2:07:49 PM
Play pokemon conquest and then tell me you're neutral/alright about missing.

On Topic:Idc about evasion clause. Nobody's going to use evasion anyway.
---
I don't even know anymore.
#5chronifused2Posted 1/12/2013 2:12:22 PM
evasion is bs
/topic
---
Somewhere, Gamefreak employees are reading the topics on this board and laughing.-themagicpainman
Roxie is mine because I said so. OK?
#6CylunPosted 1/12/2013 2:13:25 PM
Minimize Blissey gets a move that pads her defenses more than cosmic power would .
Why would you unleash this monstrosity on us?
---
Canas123:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninja Plague:(re: canas 123)I find your lack of faith disturbing
#7Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 6:00:45 PM
Cylun posted...
Minimize Blissey gets a move that pads her defenses more than cosmic power would .

Maybe next time you can learn to beat it.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#8kuwab0Posted 1/12/2013 6:02:42 PM
Jarred623 posted...
Cylun posted...

Why try to adept when you can just Smogon.
#9CylunPosted 1/12/2013 6:17:23 PM
Jarred623 posted...
Cylun posted...

You could theoretically learn to beat virtually anything. Obviously no guard Machamp will still ruin a minimizing Blissey, and most physical attackers still have a good chance of winning...but you're still taking something that is one of the most powerful walls of the metagame and giving it a tool that gives it a huge leg up over other walls. With a single minimize under its belt, Blissey can do nasty and horrible things without recompense. Super effective STAB choice band close combats from dedicated sweepers can deal with it...but not a lot else.

But the evasion clause argument is really grounds for huge, painful discussions about whether or not chance should play a meaningful factor in fights. It's just not fun to talk about....
---
Canas123:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninja Plague:(re: canas 123)I find your lack of faith disturbing
#10patsfan2312Posted 1/12/2013 6:30:26 PM
If there is an evasion clause, then why not ban all moves with less than 100 accuracy, too?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA