This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evasion Clause kills diversity in competitive battling.

#11MugilokoPosted 1/12/2013 5:31:02 PM
Deja vu.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#12BenzychenzPosted 1/12/2013 5:46:29 PM
Does evasion work in battle subway and stuff or do they just hack and hit you all the time anyway?
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#13GastroidPosted 1/12/2013 5:52:01 PM
Benzychenz posted...
Does evasion work in battle subway and stuff or do they just hack and hit you all the time anyway?

If they have Brightpowder, your moves will always miss.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#14Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:03:06 PM
patsfan2312 posted...
If there is an evasion clause, then why not ban all moves with less than 100 accuracy, too?

That's a good idea. The game needs to be more like rock paper scissors.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#15XashowdPosted 1/13/2013 8:18:54 PM
Not really. It ensures some level of fairness. No one likes getting beaten by someone when they can't fight back, and abusing Evasion does just that. Allows you to smite someone without them doing a thing about it. Sure, there are such things as No Guard and Aura Sphere, but there aren't as many pokemon in OU who have things like that as it seems.

If you want to dispute that, then think of it this way. Garchomp was banned because people started making teams centered around taking it out and nothing else, effectively killing diversity in the metagame and making it no fun at all. The same goes foe Evasion Abusers. If we let them flood the Metagame, People would make Teams centered solely around taking THEM out, and said teams would be very predictable. Evasion would be the new Garchomp. Thus, the Evasion Clause. It doesn't kill Diversity, it in fact promotes it.
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.