This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alright, new generation coming up, so we need to decide the WORST generation.

#131Thunder_ArmorPosted 1/12/2013 7:52:06 PM
Gen 2.

HG/SS fixed some of its problems, but the original GSC just had a lot going against them. The decision to make two regions (and have to water them down due to limited cartridge space) was its biggest downfall.
---
http://i.imgur.com/tT1Al.png
#132BrownbearbobPosted 1/12/2013 7:55:03 PM
Gen III
---
3DSFC: 0430-8332-4765
#133Roc_RaidaPosted 1/12/2013 8:14:49 PM(edited)
lmao TC, even with all the rigging you had to do gen 2 isn't even leading anymore. -_-

With that said.... Gen 1 and 2 are vastly overrated in this site, the fact that Gen 1 isn't winning this poll (never mind that they are in last place) is kinda shocking. I guess people really value nostalgia.

If I had to give out rankings 1>2>>>4>3>5 (worst to best)
#134Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/12/2013 8:02:35 PM
Holy hell over 1000 votes. First time I see a poll reach so high o.O
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#135poikesPosted 1/12/2013 8:07:06 PM
Strictly going by pokemon, I'm going with 4. As much as I was love Glacion and Torterra, it was a generation of all prequels and sequels. 5th is a very close second because of absurdly late evolving pokemon (Rufflet, Mandibuzz, and Pawniard) and uninspired designs (Chandelure line) and the third use of fire/fighting for the starter. In fact, I can't really decide. Both generations have major flaws. The only thing that won Gen 5 over for me was Hydreigon.
---
Like somehow he finds out Doc is Peter and that Peter is dead and he's all like "Aww hell nah. Nobody kills the webhead but me"- homiesunite
#136ragnarokiusPosted 1/12/2013 8:08:08 PM
Roanark posted...
Wow... Still don't understand what the people on this board have against gen. 2

---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#137CaliberChampPosted 1/12/2013 8:15:10 PM(edited)
LMAO. Gen 1 was by far the worst gen. I know it was my child hood game back then, but come on, I know better enough now to call it bad. Gen 1 was bad competitively. Gen 1 had glitches galore. Gameplay was slow. Much more grinding was needed in gen 1. And the game was way too easy. Also, only one dragon attack (dragon rage) and it does fix damage and the ghost move (lick) was pathetically weak. Also, do I need to remind you about Amnesia Mewtwo? GET THE HELL OUT OF NOSTALGIA LAND! IT WILL DOOM YOU ALL!

Gen 1 was decent at the time, it wasn't even considered to be a top rated game back then.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#138poikesPosted 1/12/2013 8:20:05 PM
I agree that GEN 1 was unbalanced type wise. Psychic type massacred every thing and bug and ghost types were crap. There was a limited amount of training and a limited amount of money until post-game.
---
Like somehow he finds out Doc is Peter and that Peter is dead and he's all like "Aww hell nah. Nobody kills the webhead but me"- homiesunite
#139roo10158Posted 1/12/2013 8:22:04 PM
I just don't (relatively speaking) like the sinnoh games as much.

Gen Ii is the best because it added a lot of the key features in the franchise: day/night, breeding/pokemon genders, etc. i don't understand the hate
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#140DarthBadgerPosted 1/12/2013 8:22:15 PM
This always turns into a battle of old-school pokemon gamers vs the modern day kiddies.

Gen II does not deserve the hate it gets because it was by far the biggest leap in gameplay mechanics and innovation in the series. I'm not referring to the addition of pointless items and nauseating events like fashion shows and ****. It made the pokemon world enormous in comparison to the first game, made so many UI improvements and introduced the relevance of the game clock.

Each new generation boasts an even more pathetic and sickening theme of rainbows, wishes, friendship, and "heart of the cards" type bull **** to counter the slavery theme accusations back in the day.

The old games may not seem great by comparison, but look at what is added each time to give you your new adventure.

I despise getting a ******* lecture on morality and emotion every time I encounter an NPC. I stick around because they manage to keep the actual combat and training fun, but Pokemon is one generation shy of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Literally, nothing enjoyable is added each new generation, just more gimicky single use items and HMs backed by the same rehashed plot: Delinquent child saves world/universe/time/love from team ____ then captures genetic experiment/alien/time traveling/space warping/reality manipulating/GOD in a ball.

Maybe you judge the entire game based on the metagame, but as an encompassing review of the entire game, it will never get better than gen II. Each game will fall farther than the last into utter, abysmal nonsense. These games are undeniably getting worse.

... ^ IMO, lulz.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
Should have. Should *******have.