This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alright, new generation coming up, so we need to decide the WORST generation.

#141kuterPosted 1/12/2013 8:28:00 PM
Gen4 was just there for money
#142Untimely DemisePosted 1/12/2013 8:34:37 PM
Easily the 2nd generation.

-Worst and smallest selection of new pokémon.
-Tiny, empty region with an extra, barren husk of a second region tacked on to the end.
-Related to above. A very poor level balance that typically has you beating the E4 at level 40-ish.
-Worst story, antagonist, and evil team out of all the games.
-The really annoying phone system that had NPCs constantly interrupting you with worthless stuff.
-Tons of BS time based systems that leave you SOL if you can't play the game 24/7, drain the cartridge batteries faster rendering them useless sooner, and only serve to add artificial longevity to the game by limiting when you can do stuff.
#143ragnarokiusPosted 1/12/2013 8:46:11 PM
DarthBadger posted...
This always turns into a battle of old-school pokemon gamers vs the modern day kiddies.

Gen II does not deserve the hate it gets because it was by far the biggest leap in gameplay mechanics and innovation in the series. I'm not referring to the addition of pointless items and nauseating events like fashion shows and ****. It made the pokemon world enormous in comparison to the first game, made so many UI improvements and introduced the relevance of the game clock.

Each new generation boasts an even more pathetic and sickening theme of rainbows, wishes, friendship, and "heart of the cards" type bull **** to counter the slavery theme accusations back in the day.

The old games may not seem great by comparison, but look at what is added each time to give you your new adventure.

I despise getting a ******* lecture on morality and emotion every time I encounter an NPC. I stick around because they manage to keep the actual combat and training fun, but Pokemon is one generation shy of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Literally, nothing enjoyable is added each new generation, just more gimicky single use items and HMs backed by the same rehashed plot: Delinquent child saves world/universe/time/love from team ____ then captures genetic experiment/alien/time traveling/space warping/reality manipulating/GOD in a ball.

Maybe you judge the entire game based on the metagame, but as an encompassing review of the entire game, it will never get better than gen II. Each game will fall farther than the last into utter, abysmal nonsense. These games are undeniably getting worse.

... ^ IMO, lulz.

http://tinyurl.com/3eppxyu
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#144weapon_d00d816Posted 1/12/2013 8:49:49 PM
Anything after Gen 3 is equally bad since all the ideas have been exhausted already and you get Pokemon like Vanillite...
---
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.
#145squirrel_boyPosted 1/12/2013 8:51:49 PM
The only gen i havent played is V because it just looked terrible with utterly stupid and unimaginative new pokemon. I would say V but since ive never played it i refuse to vote for it. I dont believe in judging something ive never fully experienced.
#146Ebony_BlackPosted 1/12/2013 8:52:25 PM
Gen 2. Overrated pile of meh.
#147Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/12/2013 8:52:37 PM
Anything after Gen 3 is equally bad since all the ideas have been exhausted already and you get Pokemon like Vanillite...

Can you people please stop using Vanillite and Garbodor as evidence of them "running out of ideas"?

Gen 1 had a pile of sludge that evolves into a bigger pile of sludge, but I don't see you guys complaining about that.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#148Carbuncle009Posted 1/12/2013 8:52:50 PM
weapon_d00d816 posted...

Endgame lackey confirmed.
You didn't even bother going full out and ranting about Vanilluxe.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#149Kentaro21Posted 1/12/2013 8:53:17 PM
Worst Gen....Worst Gen.....I got nothin'. I like them all.
#150Carbuncle009Posted 1/12/2013 8:53:33 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...

Can you people please stop using Vanillite and Garbodor as evidence of them "running out of ideas"?

Gen 1 had a pile of sludge that evolves into a bigger pile of sludge, but I don't see you guys complaining about that.

May I bring up how Poliwrath is just a Hulk-Version of Poliwhirl?
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw