This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alright, new generation coming up, so we need to decide the WORST generation.

#151weapon_d00d816Posted 1/12/2013 7:54:08 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Anything after Gen 3 is equally bad since all the ideas have been exhausted already and you get Pokemon like Vanillite...

Can you people please stop using Vanillite and Garbodor as evidence of them "running out of ideas"?

Gen 1 had a pile of sludge that evolves into a bigger pile of sludge, but I don't see you guys complaining about that.

Because an ice cream cone is a manmade object that has no place being a living creature.
---
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.
#152Carbuncle009Posted 1/12/2013 7:55:15 PM
weapon_d00d816 posted...
Because an ice cream cone is a manmade object that has no place being a living creature.

So do magnet coils and toxic sludge, but you don't complain about those.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#153inTaCtfuLPosted 1/12/2013 7:57:12 PM
Anything after Gen 3 is equally bad since all the ideas have been exhausted already and you get Pokemon like Vanillite...

Can you people please stop using Vanillite and Garbodor as evidence of them "running out of ideas"?

Gen 1 had a pile of sludge that evolves into a bigger pile of sludge, but I don't see you guys complaining about that.

it's not even an ice cream pokemon, it's literally some ice with snow ontop of it. LMAO

if you're going to diss a pokemon then at least get what kind of pokemon it is right. let me guess, you literally think psyduck is actually a duck?
#154thefinaloraclePosted 1/12/2013 7:58:26 PM
I thought Black and White were the best generation :/
---
College takes away all of your time to play videogames :'(
Official Archer dude of the Agito XIII Board
#155Paragon049Posted 1/12/2013 7:59:12 PM
Don't know how anyone can vote for anything but Gen 3. Ugh, such a low point in the series. It's the first one that made metagaming not a joke, but there are so many problems with it. I've easily played over 200 hours combined between Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, but I can barely remember anything about them. Extremely bland and boring games, with the worst Pokemon designs in the series. I remember being blown away by Fire Red after playing so much of Ruby, as Fire Red was just so much better than it.
---
YOU PAID FOR THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE
#156weapon_d00d816Posted 1/12/2013 7:59:35 PM
inTaCtfuL posted...

it's not even an ice cream pokemon, it's literally some ice with snow ontop of it. LMAO

if you're going to diss a pokemon then at least get what kind of pokemon it is right. let me guess, you literally think psyduck is actually a duck?

Yes, I do since his name has "duck" in it, I would be persuaded to think he's a duck...

Same with Vanillite. It has "Vanilla" in the name, therefore I'd presume it's supposed to be an ice cream cone.
---
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.
#157LemantDarkfirePosted 1/12/2013 7:59:40 PM
I voted for Gen 4. Not because I think that there is any Generation that is worse or better than the others. I just hate Stealth Rock with a passion. IMO, it was the worst thing Game Freak ever did to the Pokemon franchise. So yeah, I voted for Gen 4 due to the introduction of Stealth Rock.
---
Own is spelled with an o NOT with a p... stupid noobs
My distaste for most of humanity hasn't made me jaded at all...
#158Carbuncle009Posted 1/12/2013 8:01:17 PM
weapon_d00d816 posted...
Same with Vanillite. It has "Vanilla" in the name, therefore I'd presume it's supposed to be an ice cream cone.

Are you familiar with the concept of icicle forming? Because that is Vanillite's real design. The ice cream bit of inspiration is just a facade.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#159Milla_MaxwellPosted 1/12/2013 8:02:57 PM
Gen 1 is the worst IMHO

Gen 1, had a **** ton of glitches Gameplay was slow and the battle system was broken, the game was way too easy. Psychic types were broken, not to mention Ghost & Dragon types are next to useless since Dragon Rage was the only Dragon Type move that always did fixed damage and Lick was useless because it didn't work at all with Ghost type's stats.

Gen 2 still sucked, but AT LEAST it fixed a lot of the Major Problems with Gen 1.
-It made Dragon Type actually matter and made Ghost Type suck less too.
-It Added Dark and Steel type to the game (This helped balance Psychic Type)
-It balanced Psychic type by splitting the Special Stat and adding two types that Psychic wasn't very effective against (see above).
-It sped up the gameplay a lot by doing a lot of stuff, like adding the ability to set key items to the select button, and splitting your items into different categories, making your bag be able to hold more than 20 items, etc...
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#160MajinKogahazanPosted 1/12/2013 8:04:23 PM
I honestly can't pick any of them, they all have something that I like or love in them
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs