This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alright, new generation coming up, so we need to decide the WORST generation.

#41brawl__08(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 2:32:18 PM
no lie is it a bit weird to see gen 2 with half the total votes

well close to half the votes. lmao

I'm surprised by the fact that so many people came in here and posted "Gen 2" alone.

Though past polls have shown the dislike for that generation growing. People being butthurt over this are probably more biased than anyone else since they seem to conveniently forget that fact.

Lmao at all the hipsters hating the old games.

Lmao at all the hipsters hating the new games

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if gens 4 or 5 were getting more votes even though it's equally true.

Gen II for me. Two watered down regions, terrible level curves for wild Pokemon and gym leaders, half the new Pokemon were stuck in random patches of grass in Kanto as to be unavailable until post-game, some Pokemon available only at certain times of the day, a weak plot consisting of "We're Team Rocket here to do random evil things... but not really."

I do believe I've seen you post before and I can say you are a good poster.

unless you say something else to make me take away that statement anyways
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#42kingjam1Posted 1/12/2013 2:33:42 PM
The fact that Gen 3 is winning and Gen 2 is losing proves the cycle is in effect.
Gen 3 is definitely the worst.
---
Can't think of anything
#43swordshiftPosted 1/12/2013 2:35:29 PM
I'm shocked at the results so far.. I didn't think G/S/C would get so many votes... even though one of those votes were mine. xD
#44brawl__08(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 2:37:09 PM
The fact that Gen 3 is winning and Gen 2 is losing proves the cycle is in effect.

That's not how the cycle works.

And you're arguably a product of the cycle if that's what you have to say on it.

Funny how that works, eh?
---
#45Infernus93Posted 1/12/2013 2:37:36 PM
brawl__08 posted...
Lmao at all the hipsters hating the old games.

Lmao at all the hipsters hating the new games

Whoa whoa whoa.

I called myself a hipster because I put my vote in the emptiest vote box. We can't all be hipsters, can we? Unless...

Hipsters everywhere!
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#46LexifoxPosted 1/12/2013 2:40:59 PM
Roanark posted...
Wow... Still don't understand what the people on this board have against gen. 2

Awful distribution of the newer Pokemon, with the early routes being full of Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie, Weedle, Zubat, Geodude, etc.

The gym leaders had no interest in using the newer Pokemon, with Falkner ignoring the new Hoothoot, Bugsy not using Spinarak and Ledyba over Metapod and Kakuna, Morty having four Ghost Pokemon... but having a second Haunter instead of the new Ghost-type, and Chuck not having any of the new Fighting Pokemon. Whitney, Jasmine, Clair, and Pryce use one new Pokemon each, with the bulk of their teams being older Pokemon, though Clair gets a pass due to Dragons being rare and her using the only new Dragon.

The game advertises two new types as a selling feature... and one is fairly rare, while the other is all but entirely post-game.

The level scaling is awful, with wild Pokemon at terrible levels for training, which is very punishing for someone who wants to change their team because they finally found a new Pokemon. You also had stuff like the dreaded Elite Four, the powerful trainers everyone will aspire to defeat.. and the Kanto gym leaders are on par with them, with Blue actually being stronger than Lance.

They basically gutted Kanto so that everything was gone and it was reduced to gym battles with a screen of route between them.

The new Pokemon, when you found them, were generally underwhelming. They weren't quite as good or usable as many of their Gen 1 counterparts, and there was a wealth of Pokemon that didn't evolve, one of the simple joys of the games: catching a Pokemon and seeing it evolve into something stronger. Unless you spoiled yourself, you'd catch that weird-looking deer... and no evolution.

A lot of the ease of things like evolution stones were gone. You had to rely on RNG and an annoying phone call system to get them instead of a store.

The PokePhone thing was annoying.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#47BolognaSammichPosted 1/12/2013 2:43:44 PM
"with Blue actually being stronger than Lance."

Well duh..in gen 1 Blue beat Lance to become league champion before Red did, so obviously Blue would be stronger than Lance
---
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
#48brawl__08(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 2:49:27 PM
Whoa whoa whoa.

I called myself a hipster because I put my vote in the emptiest vote box. We can't all be hipsters, can we? Unless...

Hipsters everywhere!

That's actually

wait

It's better if I just use the pic.

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/comics/2010-12-20.jpg
---
#49LexifoxPosted 1/12/2013 2:50:00 PM
BolognaSammich posted...
"with Blue actually being stronger than Lance."

Well duh..in gen 1 Blue beat Lance to become league champion before Red did, so obviously Blue would be stronger than Lance

Except that their teams changed.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#50kingjam1Posted 1/12/2013 2:53:27 PM
brawl__08 posted...

That's not how the cycle works.

And you're arguably a product of the cycle if that's what you have to say on it.

Funny how that works, eh?

Before HG/SS Gen 2 was in the spotlight. Whatever game is the closest to getting remakes randomly gets a lot of love.
---
Can't think of anything