This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alright, new generation coming up, so we need to decide the WORST generation.

#51sonictrainerPosted 1/12/2013 3:56:31 PM
I honestly didn't see that coming...
---
Sonictrainer's Pokemon Shop
Reopening Soon
#52GastroidPosted 1/12/2013 3:58:45 PM(edited)
kingjam1 posted...
Before HG/SS Gen 2 was in the spotlight. Whatever game is the closest to getting remakes randomly gets a lot of love.

Were you not on the HG/SS boards with the constant bickering about the quality of Gen II? It was a battle zone. Heck, the Platinum board was just as bad whenever someone brought up possible clues. Even bringing up the idea of a remake caused people to fight over why the games were good.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#53lilaschildkrotePosted 1/12/2013 3:56:44 PM
Gen 1 was by far the worst. It has NO pokemon in it, well it feels that way.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon black2 and white2 boards.
Official Espeon of the Eevee Corps *Special Attack to the max*
#54brawl__08(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:58:26 PM
Before HG/SS Gen 2 was in the spotlight. Whatever game is the closest to getting remakes randomly gets a lot of love.

I'm fully aware of that, and I even called the cycle thing when everyone else doubted its existence.

You're just proving my point brah, but for the record, I've probably been a gen 2 hater even back when it was the popular one. The results change nothing of my opinion, but I do like that more people are beginning to see the light of the matter that it wasn't "best gen ever" good.

You could also argue that the remakes did a lot to change peoples views but that's another can of worms altogether.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#55kingjam1Posted 1/12/2013 3:59:28 PM
Gastroid posted...
kingjam1 posted...

Were you not on the HG/SS boards with the constant bickering about the quality of Gen II? It was a battle zone.

I was. It got a lot more love than it is getting now and Gen 2 haters only became more vocal as response to all the love.
---
Can't think of anything
#56Ness0123456789Posted 1/12/2013 4:02:02 PM
Generation 3

It was just...bad
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#57BolognaSammichPosted 1/12/2013 4:02:50 PM
Lexifox posted...
BolognaSammich posted...
"with Blue actually being stronger than Lance."

Well duh..in gen 1 Blue beat Lance to become league champion before Red did, so obviously Blue would be stronger than Lance

Except that their teams changed.

its well established that gyms use different teams depending on the skill level of the trainer challenging them
---
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
#58kingjam1Posted 1/12/2013 4:03:12 PM
brawl__08 posted...

I'm fully aware of that, and I even called the cycle thing when everyone else doubted its existence.

You're just proving my point brah, but for the record, I've probably been a gen 2 hater even back when it was the popular one. The results change nothing of my opinion, but I do like that more people are beginning to see the light of the matter that it wasn't "best gen ever" good.

You could also argue that the remakes did a lot to change peoples views but that's another can of worms altogether.

At least you agree there is a cycle. I've always found Gen 3 boring and uninteresting. It's the only gen I dislike playing.
---
Can't think of anything
#59arvilinoPosted 1/12/2013 4:04:53 PM
I didn't vote but I have a question. Even if there is a worst generation is the quality gap really that significant?

Just because of all the claims of haters when it really amounts to "Which generation is slightly worse than the others"
#60Hero_Of_RhymePosted 1/12/2013 4:06:42 PM
I'm shocked at the hate towards Gen II. Gold and Silver were easily the best in the whole series >_>
---
Soul Silver Friend Code: 3438 5705 5949