This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope this generation...

#1ChocolateluverxPosted 1/12/2013 3:16:55 PM
...brings at least just as many NEW pokemon as Black and White did. I don't think Gen 5 was bad all things considered, but I was disappointed with 2 things. 1 was the amount of new pokemon introduced-I felt like they could have added a little more especially considering how Black and White 1 made a big deal of not keeping any of the older pokemon until after the main storyline was completed. My second disappointment was the overall balance of pokemon types for the Gen 5 pokemon. I was extremely annoyed to find the relatively low number of ice, poison, and rock types that were introduced (especially the ice type, I was hoping Gen 5 would not only put in more but make a few them obtainable in the early phases of the games).

For Gen X and Y, I really hope they put in a nice 3-evolution, early-game obtainable Fighting/Flying physical sweeper with generic high attack and speed and low stats elsewhere. I would also like another Water/Steel (great combination imo), and hopefully they also put in at least one Fire/Psychic, Grass/Rock, Electric/Dark, Grass/Ghost, and Poison/Psychic type pokemon.

And if they introduce Water/Fire, Grass/Dragon, or a superb high special attack pokemon of the Electric/Ice type, my mind will explode with joy<3

Which type combinations are you hoping for in Pokemon X and Y?
#2LightningAce11Posted 1/12/2013 3:17:43 PM
Dragon/fighting and electric/grass
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#3Chocolateluverx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:20:55 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
Dragon/fighting and electric/grass

If they made an electric/grass type I would immediately get that ASAP. Dragon/Fighting might be a little overpowered
#4EstheimasterPosted 1/12/2013 3:21:34 PM
Chocolateluverx posted...
...brings at least just as many NEW pokemon as Black and White did. I don't think Gen 5 was bad all things considered, but I was disappointed with 2 things. 1 was the amount of new pokemon introduced-I felt like they could have added a little more especially considering how Black and White 1 made a big deal of not keeping any of the older pokemon until after the main storyline was completed. My second disappointment was the overall balance of pokemon types for the Gen 5 pokemon. I was extremely annoyed to find the relatively low number of ice, poison, and rock types that were introduced (especially the ice type, I was hoping Gen 5 would not only put in more but make a few them obtainable in the early phases of the games).

BW had just enough. Pokémon is known for it's 150 originals, and exceeding that seemed to question the past almost. 156 is not too few in Gen V, because the last Pokémon game that had only 150 was RB, and they were fine. Anyway, you could bring over old ones afterwards if you chose to, eclipsing RB in sheer number.

I hope XY don't have 150. Leave that to Gen I and V. They need to embellish the past gens (especially V) with evolutions and having some old Pokémon in it. Maybe 128ish would work, with old ones increasing the dex to maybe 200 or 250. I want a good amount of new ones, but not enough to eclipse the prior gens too much.
#5DracovianPosted 1/12/2013 3:22:46 PM
I would be good with 100 not counting evolutions.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#6deathbycookiesPosted 1/12/2013 3:22:55 PM
ghost/steel some of the ideas Gamefaqs users have been posting are really good
#7p00pasaurasPosted 1/12/2013 3:22:59 PM
I want another Dragon/Electric or Dragon mixed with any other type we have yet to see
---
http://manga.animea.net/hunter-x-hunter-chapter-217-page-20.html
http://read.mangashare.com/Hunter-x-Hunter/chapter-261/page002.html
#8LOGlCPosted 1/12/2013 3:23:57 PM
I want more Grass/Psychic and Ice/Psychic Pokemon. I know they are generally considered to be a horrible type combination, but I would still like to see some more, as they are my favorite type combo's.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE
#9ShenanigansMan2Posted 1/12/2013 3:24:10 PM
Ghost/Fighting please.

Also, Poison/Steel.
---
Every time someone reads this signature, a puppy dies
..You monster