This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction if Charizard is changed to fire dragon this gen?

#21dmerkaGU10Posted 1/12/2013 3:13:04 PM
He should also get levitate
---
In the course of a life time, what does it truly matter?-random gamefaqs user
#22BolognaSammich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:14:39 PM
dmerkaGU10 posted...
He should also get levitate

that included in the bundle would shoot him right into OU.
---
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
#23FwahmPosted 1/12/2013 3:15:40 PM
There's still too many dragons in OU that outspeed and OHKO (as well as other fast sweepers), but I think he could make it to UU.
#24lilaschildkrotePosted 1/12/2013 3:18:34 PM
It would make it the OP starter choice because blastoise would no longer be super effective.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon black2 and white2 boards.
Official Espeon of the Eevee Corps *Special Attack to the max*
#25GiratinalgaPosted 1/12/2013 3:19:06 PM
Fwahm posted...
There's still too many dragons in OU that outspeed and OHKO (as well as other fast sweepers), but I think he could make it to UU.

Yeah, but he'd have an easier time taking care of everything in the tier since Fire/Dragon/Ground is unresisted, and I remember him getting EQ.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#26FwahmPosted 1/12/2013 3:23:56 PM
Giratinalga posted...
Fwahm posted...

Yeah, but he'd have an easier time taking care of everything in the tier since Fire/Dragon/Ground is unresisted, and I remember him getting EQ.

Charizard's only merit is his sky high special attack with Solar Power; Earthquake doesn't capitalize on that, and I don't think it'd be enough in OU. If he had Earth Power, that would be awesome, but he doesn't.
#27evillockePosted 1/12/2013 4:22:23 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Charizard would still suffer from mediocre stats, and in addition to Stealth Rock, it's now vulnerable to Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

And it's weak to Ground and Dragon.

Being Fire/Dragon would make Charizard even worse, really.

And it's not deserving of the Dragon-type.

---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.
#28GiratinalgaPosted 1/12/2013 11:16:03 PM
Fwahm posted...
Giratinalga posted...
Fwahm posted...

Charizard's only merit is his sky high special attack with Solar Power; Earthquake doesn't capitalize on that, and I don't think it'd be enough in OU. If he had Earth Power, that would be awesome, but he doesn't.

He doesn't need Earth Power since the only things he'd hit with EQ are things that resist both fire and dragon. Which is Heatran.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#29Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/12/2013 11:27:09 PM
Gyarados would deserve it more.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65167308
---
"The benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom."
~Chinese proverb
#30saturn_frogurtPosted 1/12/2013 11:28:33 PM
Game Freak has finally jumped the Sharpedo.
---
- Swap God for a janitor, rot in a jar of dog paws -
Put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.