This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The BIGGEST Pokemon Clone

#11DarthLaharlPosted 1/12/2013 5:42:39 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
Most of those are nothing like pokemon and the most they have in common is that they have creatures.

War Z is a clone of Day Z in that it took the game and monetized the hell out of it and then slapped a name on the game and released it as an incomplete broken product.

Most the games you mentioned are completely different and are either better, unique, or similar in concept but different in design and execution.

Hardcore pokefans feel like everything with collectible monsters or controllable monsters is a rip-off of their precious Pokemon.

In fact. All Nintendo fans are like that with all of Nintendo's series. Everything is apparently a Ninty rip-off.
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#12TruePowerSeekerPosted 1/12/2013 5:44:35 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Kiniest posted...
Pale_Heart posted...
I'm surprised you didn't mention Digimon.

I believe Digimon may have actually come before Pokemon.

Thats why i didn't mention it. Its gonna start the classic DIGIMANZ COME BEFORE POKEMON argument.

Actually the original toy which was targeted to young boys as a masculine tamagotchi in 1997. Pokemon was made in 1996.

They are two completely different concepts that were around at a similar time and were both popular. Then people made ignorant claims that one ripped off the other. Now people bicker about which is the original.

It is as bad as people calling any FPS a COD clone when the concept of FPS started with Wolfenstein 3D back in 1992. Which was made popular by DOOM in 1993.

All pokemon is, is another JRPG that has the concept of catching party members rather than having them introduced.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#13ColorfulColors(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 5:56:16 PM
DarthLaharl posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
Most of those are nothing like pokemon and the most they have in common is that they have creatures.

War Z is a clone of Day Z in that it took the game and monetized the hell out of it and then slapped a name on the game and released it as an incomplete broken product.

Most the games you mentioned are completely different and are either better, unique, or similar in concept but different in design and execution.

Hardcore pokefans feel like everything with collectible monsters or controllable monsters is a rip-off of their precious Pokemon.

In fact. All Nintendo fans are like that with all of Nintendo's series. Everything is apparently a Ninty rip-off.
---

Hey, don't look at me, i'm just going by what people have been saying.

I didn't base these all around my opinion, i just put what multiple people have been saying about these games. I just posted these here from what I got from other people, not mine. I was seeing what you all thought of it. I didn't even think some of these were pokemon ripoffs. ;_;
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#14fahademonPosted 1/12/2013 7:34:25 PM
Fossil League IMO.
-Rescue the World from evil Team
-Hero has to be certain age to catch Creatures
-Can only have 6 creatures in Party
-Must become Champion in the end
-Must complete Creature Encyclopedia
---
FC and FT list in profile...
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.
#15SR71haloPosted 1/12/2013 7:37:25 PM(edited)
I'm sure it's only because I doubt anyone here has played them, but the Jade Cocoon games are the very definition of "Pokemon clone". They even involve capturing monsters and using them for battle. Great games, though.
---
Now Leave!
#16ZekromBlackPosted 1/12/2013 7:52:34 PM
Pardon. Did you just call Monster Rancher a Pokemon clone? Have you played Monster Rancher ever?
---
Currently Replaying MR2.
#17Thunder_ArmorPosted 1/12/2013 7:55:04 PM
Pokemon actually came before Digimon.

I don't think there would be as much comparison between the two if they both didn't have "mon" in the title.
---
http://i.imgur.com/tT1Al.png
#18Infernus93Posted 1/12/2013 7:55:40 PM
Jade Cocoon is a great game.

Monster Rancher is a greater game. It's also not a Pokemon clone (like many other games that get dubbed as one). They suffer that fate because they are monster raising games, even though many of them have very different approaches.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#19cdkilgore21Posted 1/12/2013 7:58:19 PM
SR71halo posted...
I'm sure it's only because I doubt anyone here has played them, but the Jade Cocoon games are the very definition of "Pokemon clone". They even involve capturing monsters and using them for battle. Great games, though.

I loved Jade Cocoon on the PS1!! *Sigh*
Miss so many games from that platform...
---
XBL: RipperJack13
Pokemon White: 3053-3620-8302
#20Big_IsaacPosted 1/12/2013 7:59:32 PM
lol Shaman King? what does that have to do with pokemon?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein