This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The BIGGEST Pokemon Clone

#21ColorfulColors(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:00:33 PM
Infernus93 posted...
Jade Cocoon is a great game.

Monster Rancher is a greater game. It's also not a Pokemon clone (like many other games that get dubbed as one). They suffer that fate because they are monster raising games, even though many of them have very different approaches.

Thanks, I KNEW it wasn't a pokemon clone.
Remind me to not listen to ToplessRobot next time.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#222ztirPosted 1/12/2013 8:01:55 PM
The original robopon is pretty much pokemon.

Big_Isaac posted...
lol Shaman King? what does that have to do with pokemon?

The game is like pokemon. Alternate versions and capturing enemies.
#23ColorfulColors(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:02:15 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
lol Shaman King? what does that have to do with pokemon?

I got this from a bunch of different sources, don't ask.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
#24Oreno5267Posted 1/12/2013 8:06:55 PM
shaman king is more of or like bleach, relationship with swords/spirits.
---
My favorite superhero is Jesus Christ the Savior, in the end he defeats the villain, Satan the Devil, with superpower of Light and restores peace. RIP Superman
#25ColorfulColors(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:08:39 PM
ZekromBlack posted...
Pardon. Did you just call Monster Rancher a Pokemon clone? Have you played Monster Rancher ever?

Topless Robot sucks. ;_;
---
#26Infernus93Posted 1/12/2013 8:38:05 PM
Monster Rancher is primarily a training sim, focusing on the week to week events involved in helping your monster grow (You must be Rita Repulsa, haha). You have significant customization of your monsters moves and stats.

That's all for the purpose of the other significant part of the game, tournaments. Your monster against that of the often relentless AI controlled hellbeasts. All who have faced him remember his name, and fear it: Oakleyman!

The games have great humour and are highly addictive (in part because you can obtain monsters using your CDs/Movies/Games). They can be as complicated or as simple as you want.

Honestly, a port or something of Monster Rancher 1/2/3 to the 3DS would be an amazing thing. The depth of the ranch and arenas would fit the technology perfectly.

I'm sorry, I'm babbling. I just love that series so much for what it is, and what it isn't (Pokemon).
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#27SegavsCapcomPosted 1/12/2013 8:42:58 PM
I haven't even heard of most of these.

Of the ones I have heard of, I'd say the original Robopn. A shameless Pokemon ripoff through and through. It's fun, but still a ripoff.

Robopon 2 still has Pokemon elements, but was more a hodgepodge of several RPGs.

The others I've heard of had enough uniqueness for me to shrug them off.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#28Xavier_On_HighPosted 1/12/2013 8:47:44 PM
Infernus93 posted...
That's all for the purpose of the other significant part of the game, tournaments. Your monster against that of the often relentless AI controlled hellbeasts. All who have faced him remember his name, and fear it: Oakleyman!

Honestly, a port or something of Monster Rancher 1/2/3 to the 3DS would be an amazing thing. The depth of the ranch and arenas would fit the technology perfectly.

Oakleyman was bad. Junomoule and Sakura Art were worse. They still give me nightmares. Licking. Licking. Always Licking.

Have you tried Monster Rancher DS? It's just like Monster Rancher 2 (which is obviously the best in the series) but it has quite a few more flaws. It's still very good, though.
---
"It was like unwrapping a wonderful present -- a present made out of presents." - Graham Linehan, describing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
#29Infernus93Posted 1/12/2013 10:00:24 PM
Xavier_On_High posted...
Oakleyman was bad. Junomoule and Sakura Art were worse. They still give me nightmares. Licking. Licking. Always Licking.

Have you tried Monster Rancher DS? It's just like Monster Rancher 2 (which is obviously the best in the series) but it has quite a few more flaws. It's still very good, though.

I agree about Sakura Art. C Class had one that really got to me, too, but I always remember Oakleyman because he's in E Class. He gets to kick your ass before anyone else does.

I have Monster Rancher DS. It's good - very good, but the utilization of touch screen controls for exploring was so poorly implemented that it took me right out of the game.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#30TehTrumpCardPosted 1/12/2013 11:32:38 PM
You forgot XIII-2

You have to tame the 3rd member of your party and it can turn into a collect-a-thon.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-