This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA planning Pokemon competitor

#81RamirezGloomPosted 1/14/2013 12:21:53 AM
that one Moshi Monster, the orange tiger-rabbit thing has a serious raep-face going on...
---
Ramirez, Lord of Falling Rain Packermans Black FC:4814 0562 0890 Killer of Threads and Pariah of the Boards :)
#82AlbinoCrocodilePosted 1/14/2013 1:44:51 AM
Laughed so hard at the guys thinking EA could actually do something credible and their reasoning.

Jedi_Thuggin posted...
Honestly, EA may be dicks for trying to copy Pokemon, but its entirely possible that they may actually create some kinda competition. They'll never takedown Pokemon, but they could stand next to it easily. They won't be restricted to certain game elements like Pokemon is. They wouldn't have to appeal to the younger generation like Pokemon has to do. They could take the concept of the Pokemon games, and turn it on its head.

Think about it. Open world exploration, more adult themes/stories, and all the things we complain about not having in Pokemon because of Gamefreaks' unwillingness to cater to both the younger/older generations. EA could easily build upon the already stagnant Pokemon formula and blow it out of the water. And since it would be a "new" franchise designed to attract the Pokemon fans, you know they're gonna slap all the bells and whistles on it. Skyrim type environment/graphics with real time monster encounters, MMORPG elements, adult themes, the works.

This guy especially. What a clown.
---
Crocodile- See you later, Alligator!
Alligator- In a while, Crocodile!
#83DesulatedPosted 1/14/2013 1:57:53 AM
Let's see...

Pay to play, and of course, eventually becomes pay to win.
Game is a glitchy mess and is loaded with enough patches to burn your hard drive's space out.
Incomplete game with overpriced DLC.

Yep, they are SO going to actually compete and hope to achieve similar levels of success.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is a gimmick for amateurs.
#84Sevi_neyPosted 1/14/2013 1:59:53 AM
This might be interesting if it's an MMO...

I still want Charizard to burn down EA building..
---
I got into game design because I loved kids. I wanted to make them happy and give them something fun to do. Now I want them all to die. ~ game designer Totality