This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we stop messing around, and bring back multiple regions?

#1VexeisPosted 1/12/2013 7:53:33 PM
Really I know Gamefreak has it on the mind, they keep teasing links to other regions, so this next game better deliver.

Also, crib some notes from HG/SS. Walking with your pokemon was cool, and it had the best interface.

What are some features you want to see in the new games?
#2Big_IsaacPosted 1/12/2013 7:58:19 PM
let me get this straight:
ONE gen out of 5 (soon to be 6) uses a story element , so now all others are just "messing around" because they don't reuse that same story element?

what is so great about revisiting older regions?
are you really that starved for nostalgia?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#3Emerald_FlashPosted 1/12/2013 7:59:29 PM
I know a lot of people hated having the Pokemon follow you around, but I loved it. With an option to toggle it, everyone would win.
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Official Chocobo of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards
#4Coop14Posted 1/12/2013 8:00:33 PM
Sweet jesus BRING BACK POKEMON FOLLOWING YOU

God... I MISS IT

It just added so much more immersion.
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#5LightningHawk90Posted 1/12/2013 8:01:06 PM
Well since the trailer didn't show pokemon following you, It's safe to say that it's not coming back this gen.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#6gjdsjPosted 1/12/2013 8:01:08 PM
I love the pokemon following you, but I don't know about multiple regions. I didn't like what gen 2 did to Kanto.
#7Emerald_FlashPosted 1/12/2013 8:01:38 PM
Big_Isaac posted...

Cant blame the guy for wanting more content xD

So long as it doesn't take away from the main continent, I'd like it. Hoenn would be sweet.
---
#8Big_IsaacPosted 1/12/2013 8:03:42 PM
Emerald_Flash posted...
Big_Isaac posted...

So long as it doesn't take away from the main continent, I'd like it. Hoenn would be sweet.

more content my ass
look at Johto and compare it to, say, Hoenn from Gen 3
Hoenn is bigger than Johto and Gen 2 Kanto put together.

if you're asking for other regions to be vistable, you're asking for the main region to be smaller
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#9Emerald_FlashPosted 1/12/2013 8:09:33 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
Emerald_Flash posted...
Big_Isaac posted...

more content my ass
look at Johto and compare it to, say, Hoenn from Gen 3
Hoenn is bigger than Johto and Gen 2 Kanto put together.

if you're asking for other regions to be vistable, you're asking for the main region to be smaller

Twas just a thought. I know not the full capabilities of the system.
---
#10Vexeis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:22:06 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
ONE gen out of 5 (soon to be 6) uses a story element , so now all others are just "messing around" because they don't reuse that same story element?

No, they're messing around because they keep putting little teasing comments in the games about it. The town map entry for the Cave of Being says that the deepest parts are rumoured to link to Sinnoh, but you can't go there. Cynthia tells you how wonderful Sinnoh is and that you should come visit, but you can't go there. Jasmine shows up in Platinum and tells you that Johto is a really cool place, but you can't go there. They know people liked it, and have been waiting for it to return since G/S/C came out.

It's not nostalgia talking, I still have all of the games after all. I just thought it was really interesting to go back to Kanto after some time had passed, and see how things had changed. It also makes the game feel more substantial, and more connected as a world. Are you telling me you can't see the appeal in finishing your pokemon league challenge, and then being able to get on a boat and depart for new lands, with more challenges?

You're right that in G/S/C it lead to Johto being comparatively small, but that was a limitation of the system. I don't think there's any reason now that they couldn't have a fully-fledged new region, and still have space to have at least one of the previous regions in the game.