This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we stop messing around, and bring back multiple regions?

#11roo10158Posted 1/12/2013 7:28:06 PM
Screw the walking pokemon. I think that useless feature was extremely annoying. Just make it optional if they bring it back.

I don't get the bitterness towards the idea of multiple regions. Who's to say it can't be one new main region and another NEW smaller region as post game? Like said before we don't know just how big a 3DS pokemon can be. The only reason why gen II's second region (kanto) was smaller than gen i's kanto was because of technical limitations. A 3DS card holds a LOT more data than a GBC cartridge
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#12superluckynoobPosted 1/12/2013 7:37:27 PM
Eh, I rather have a really big and well fleshed out region than the ability to revisit an old one. Would it even count as multiple regions if both "regions" are brand new? That said, I wouldn't mind having a well executed Hoenn region post game if it means not having a R/S remake.
---
"For the wise, life will remain a high-spirited song, whose theme is struggle."
#13HiddenDoorwayPosted 1/12/2013 7:40:08 PM
Having Kanto in G/S/C did nothing but hurt them, because Johto was really just treated as a warm-up area, and Kanto was just a watered down version of the Kanto from R/B/Y.
---
I can read minds.
Just kidding, I just have good intuition.
#14jimrichardsPosted 1/12/2013 7:47:49 PM
HiddenDoorway posted...
Having Kanto in G/S/C did nothing but hurt them, because Johto was really just treated as a warm-up area, and Kanto was just a watered down version of the Kanto from R/B/Y.

This times a million. If I were to see an old region in a new game, and how it had changed over a time period, I would prefer it to be the main region of like a sequel or some jazz, like B2W2 were to BW. To tack an old region onto a new one in the belief it would provide more content is hugely misguided. Just because there's two regions, that doesn't mean there will be twice as much content as there would in one region. Much like GSC, I'd wager there'd be less.
---
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Official Froakie of the Pokemon X boards.