This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there too many Pokemon?

#21RedArchangel20Posted 1/12/2013 7:20:44 PM
lilaschildkrote posted...
faruway posted...
RageKaiser posted...
Nope. I could easily stand up to 2000.

Doubt we can remember ALL of them, lol!

Marine Biology majors have to memorize thousands of different kinds of algea and microorganisms.

2000 pokemon doesn't even compare, especially since pokemon is actually interesting.

Came in here to say something like this.

Go to college. You'll see the sheer amount of things you need to know off the top of your head or straight up memorize. 700 Pokemon? That's a drop in the bucket in comparison.
---
Most beautiful woman in the world: http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg
Kiss the rings. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif
#22LightningHawk90Posted 1/12/2013 7:21:17 PM
But really, Pokemon could continue until i'm well into my 50's or 60's and I'd still love them no matter how many there are.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#23overmaxxPosted 1/12/2013 7:21:46 PM
Competitively wise, the more the better.

Open TEH DEVIL, go look at the OU list of gen 2, then gen 3, then gen 4, and finally gen 5.
You will find that earlier gens had very tiny lists.

Gen 5 has the biggest one, that's not even getting into the huge UU list and the many Pokemon there 100% viable in OU.

On the other hand, while we get an increase in usable Pokemon at high levels, we also get an increase in forgettable crap fodder that never gets used, but that's the way it goes.
#24Ku-Ri-BohPosted 1/12/2013 7:21:46 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
RageKaiser posted...
beebarb posted...
Try memorizing THAT many.

Memorising things isn't that hard, I find it a bit sad that I can name all 649 current generation Pokemon, plus the 5 newly introduced generation 6 Pokemon just by looking at them or being asked a specific question.

You aren't alone. We're the true pokemon fans ;)

Okay, okay! But can you recite them all IN ORDER?

Without looking at the pictures?

And that is necessary how? To prove that there indeed is too many and they should cut down to the first 151 and the next tens of versions should keep it at 151?
#25LightningHawk90Posted 1/12/2013 7:23:16 PM
overmaxx posted...
Competitively wise, the more the better.

This so hard. Even in the B2W2 Competitive scene, you still end up only seeing the same 20 pokemon or so, If we had a good 2000, think of all the team possibilities.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#26MetaFalconPunchPosted 1/12/2013 7:23:51 PM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
RageKaiser posted...
beebarb posted...
Try memorizing THAT many.

Memorising things isn't that hard, I find it a bit sad that I can name all 649 current generation Pokemon, plus the 5 newly introduced generation 6 Pokemon just by looking at them or being asked a specific question.

You aren't alone. We're the true pokemon fans ;)

Okay, okay! But can you recite them all IN ORDER?

Without looking at the pictures?

And that is necessary how? To prove that there indeed is too many and they should cut down to the first 151 and the next tens of versions should keep it at 151?

no...

Just to see how much you can remember, that's all...
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Eevee Corps and Pokemon X Board. WALUIGI IS NUMBER ONE!
Kraid: (steps on you)
#27pokemonfreak97Posted 1/12/2013 7:27:11 PM
There are never too many Pokémon. "Too many Pokémon" is a contradiction in terms, like "jumbo shrimp" or "good Kakuna setup"

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kakuna

Most hilarious one on there, in my opinion.
---
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
Official Pokemon #678 of the Pokemon X boards. What?
#28WallydraiglePosted 1/12/2013 8:12:31 PM
Variety is the spice of life.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.