This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people seem to not like the Gen 4 games?

#41UmuruPosted 1/13/2013 12:55:24 AM
I personally enjoyed Platinum and the gen 2 remakes. That first trip into Sinnoh via Diamond and Pearl was nice, but trying to get back into the first pair after playing the rest of Generation 4 is like a huge step backward though.
#42lazycomplifePosted 1/13/2013 12:55:58 AM
Milennin posted...
First time I disliked Pokémon was when I played Platinum. Disliked it even so much I entirely skipped over gen 5. But am willing to give gen 6 a try.
The battle system being too friggin' slow is what killed Platinum for me.

I just assume every post is not serious, but if you skipped 5, you should give it a shot. The story is decent and boxes are easier to manage (but still not perfect). Gameplay doesn't feel as rough.
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#43MilenninPosted 1/13/2013 1:01:17 AM
lazycomplife posted...
Milennin posted...
First time I disliked Pokémon was when I played Platinum. Disliked it even so much I entirely skipped over gen 5. But am willing to give gen 6 a try.

I just assume every post is not serious, but if you skipped 5, you should give it a shot. The story is decent and boxes are easier to manage (but still not perfect). Gameplay doesn't feel as rough.

It's serious. But if I would get Black/White now I won't be able to get all the previous event Pokémon?
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#44lazycomplifePosted 1/13/2013 1:02:55 AM
Milennin posted...
lazycomplife posted...
Milennin posted...

It's serious. But if I would get Black/White now I won't be able to get all the previous event Pokémon?

Don't you have some from gen 3 and 4? Just get what you have. You don't have to have every event pokemon.
---
Wow really
#45MilenninPosted 1/13/2013 1:10:42 AM
lazycomplife posted...
Don't you have some from gen 3 and 4? Just get what you have. You don't have to have every event pokemon.

I suppose yeah. I'll think about it. I know gen 5's received good reviews. Maybe next month when I'll be less busy.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#46lazycomplifePosted 1/13/2013 1:13:44 AM
Milennin posted...
lazycomplife posted...

I suppose yeah. I'll think about it. I know gen 5's received good reviews. Maybe next month when I'll be less busy.

Just train a Litwick. It's a pretty cool pokemon. And it's also handy for breeding. Twas a good companion.
---
Wow really
#47MaurithPosted 1/13/2013 1:14:41 AM
Diamond and Pearl felt so stale. I like some of the Pokémon it introduced, but it was the EXACT SAME THING again, and obviously watered down from Emerald, like they always do. It was also quite slow as many have said. The only thing fresh about it was Pokétch, which was hardly essential. I had similar feelings to Ruby and Sapphire, but like Emerald, Platinum remedied a lot of DP's flaws. It just felt like they were saying "welp, looks like it's time to do the same thing again, but for DS...just put some touch-screen thing in, that'll do." The amount of effort they've put into keeping it fresh since Black and White was announced was long overdue.

P.S. Buizel for president. Floatzel's my favourite Pokémon.
---
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Sejuani, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]
#48KillerMechanoidPosted 1/13/2013 2:13:31 AM
My reason: Bidoof and Bibarel Spam. Almost as bad as Zigzagoon spam.

Seriously, why does GF love to distribute starter mammal lines almost EVERYWHERE!?
#49holysquidPosted 1/13/2013 2:28:18 AM
"I don't see how too many legendaries is a complaint..."

C'mon now, legendaries are supposed to special Pokemon, few and far between. Having 11 of them in one region makes them each less special. Doesn't help that there are arbitrary ones like Heatran. IMO per gen there only needs to be the main Trio (Birds, Dogs, etc.) and the front cover trio (i.e. Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem).
---
Proud Big Daddy mainer (999). PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#50FlufyW0lf3yPosted 1/13/2013 4:41:01 PM
But all of the lendaries in D/P were great. Except Mesprit.
---
FC White: Bentley 3225 4368 8726