This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you love/hate about Gen 5?

#1YM_SmashPosted 1/13/2013 1:40:08 AM
I love almost everything about it.

What i hate was the creation of the Ice Cream Pokemon and The Removal of Bug Catchers.
---

HUWAAAHHHH!!!
#2MarbiaachPosted 1/13/2013 1:41:37 AM
What I love is the music of gen 5 and the removal of bug catchers. (No really. I can 1-shot each of your pokemon. You don't need 6 wurmples. 3 of which are high enough level to evolve already.)
---
Black 2 : [Marvin] [FC: 0777 2092 3156]
#3TehTrumpCardPosted 1/13/2013 2:00:19 AM(edited)
I love about Gen 5 is Ice Cream (and Ice Cream Pokemon), Meinfoo/shao, the new Bug Pokemon, the Klink family, Join Avenue, Shiny Haxorus, Eviolite, properly implemented Sturdy, Champion Iris, Bianca, Caitlin, Rosa, the awkwardness that is the Ferris Wheel, Colress' theme, not needing HMs (in BW1), there's diversity outside of Brock finally, the redesigned female Ace Trainers, female Clerks, having a region full of original Pokemon and Scald.

What I hate about Gen 5 is Nate, the Dream World, Genesect, the Waiter trio, Lenora's Hypnosis-abusing Watchog, Medal Rally mission that need 50+ Pokemon players, Zorua and Zoroark being locked if you don't have the Event Pokemon in BW1, the starters, Hugh, Marlon, Alder's team being weak to Fire/Rock, the closed circle in BW1, and Rotation Battles
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#4UmuruPosted 1/13/2013 2:00:18 AM
B2/W2.

No more elaboration because I'm getting into that part of the night where elaboration is going to lead to nonsense typing.
#5lazycomplifePosted 1/13/2013 2:04:41 AM
Umuru posted...
B2/W2.

No more elaboration because I'm getting into that part of the night where elaboration is going to lead to nonsense typing.

lmao I know that feel
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#6jEr3mYPosted 1/13/2013 2:12:40 AM
I didn't particularly hate anything about Gen 5... I did wish each new generation would have more of certain types and less of others... have more steel, poison, ice and dark types and less normal, water and grass types....
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 15
#7Merc123Posted 1/13/2013 2:31:19 AM
I liked the story of Gen V. It was cool that after the Elite 4 it was a different than other Pokemon games.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#8MaurithPosted 1/13/2013 2:35:57 AM
Black / White Kyurem fusion thingy....I know it's justified in the story, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Other than that, there's not much I can really complain about, other than the meta game giving me a migraine with crazy buffing moves, dream world abilities etc.
---
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Sejuani, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]
#9KitschgardenerPosted 1/13/2013 2:53:21 AM
Love:
-New Pokémon usable (a real power creep) and well-designed, drawing inspiration from everything from literature (Musketeers) to daruma dolls.
-Graphics made amazing use of the DS - hard to believe the games are on the same console as DP.
-Eviolite and hidden abilities made old Pokémon usable (Politoed, Ninetales, Murkrow, Porygon2...), as well as moves like Shell Smash and Quiver Dance.
-Changes to old abilities (Storm Drain, Sturdy) also helped old Pokémon more than new evolutions ever could.
-Unova Challenge.
-Infinite TMs.

Hate:
-No Battle Frontier.
-Dream World: should have been in-game (Collect Gems even uses a stylus!).
-Mediocre starters.
-No fishing until post-game.
-Same evil-team-summons-dragon story from DPP, itself modified from RSE.
-PWT: the removal of Dragon Tamers served to make Lance et al. look viable when in reality a pool of 6 Pokémon makes them inferior to Tamers who could have had everything from Skarmory to Sceptile to Tyranitar.
#10spooky96Posted 1/13/2013 2:54:14 AM
Hated - the ugly looks of Pokemon.
---
Roughly I seed 4x more than I download.