This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you love/hate about Gen 5?

#21XWolfOPosted 1/13/2013 4:18:19 AM
Love:
- The music.
- The story.
- Most of the pokemon designs.
- Being able to use TMs as much as I want.
- Challenge Mode.
- The slightly improved graphics.
- Likable rivals.
- Easier way to level up your pokemon.

Hate:
- How boring the region was.
- Dreamworld.
- A few pokemon designs. Namely Zoroark, the whole Timburr line, Garbodor and Genesect.
- Unova Pokemon only during White.
---
It's-a me!
#22Tequila_ShotPosted 1/13/2013 4:30:19 AM
I hate how a lot of the TM's are only obtained through BP, and that list was only expanded in Black 2 and White 2. I hate how the Dream World is used as a tool to drive traffic to their website.

I love everything else about it. Fifth Generation has actually been one of my favorite generations so far, and that's saying a LOT. The overall quality-of-life and aesthetic imrpovements over Fourth Gen were a huge step in the right direction for me. Black 2 and White 2 are, so far, my favorite Pokemon games to date. Black Skycraper, White Treehollow, Unova Link, Infrared Box-to-Box trading from anywhere (not just a Pokemon Center), animated battle sprites, and a slough of other things have really reforged this series into an even better iteration.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#23KrisipokePosted 1/13/2013 4:40:45 AM
Tenzhi posted...
It seemed so much more tedious to me than the previous games. I'm not entirely sure why.

really? That's interesting, because the Pokémon were all-new, and the gameplay was much speeded up. Just look up a (non-edited) battle video from Diamond/Pearl, and then one from Black/White. You'll be amazed how faster everything got.
---
Goemon, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Paper Mario, Alex Roivas, Isaac, and Prince Sabure for SSB4!
http://www.backloggery.com/krisi
#24TenzhiPosted 1/13/2013 4:49:21 AM
Krisipoke posted...
really? That's interesting, because the Pokémon were all-new, and the gameplay was much speeded up. Just look up a (non-edited) battle video from Diamond/Pearl, and then one from Black/White. You'll be amazed how faster everything got.

The battles themselves may have been sped up, but by the time I got to the final four it felt like the game had been dragging on forever...

And then that wasn't the end! I finally just got a friend of mine to get me a vast supply of rare candy, bloated my Pokemon up to 100, and went through the four the second time without exploring much of the remaining routes. I couldn't take it any more.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#25ReverseFuturePosted 1/13/2013 4:54:09 AM
I love the new pokemon and the general "feel" of the region
I hate the new EXP system. It's terrible, your levels get waaay too high.
#26PolimarioPosted 1/13/2013 5:25:34 AM
Love:

-Kyurem
-PWT
-Pokewood Studios
-Gym Themes (Clay > all)
-Soundtrack
-Pokemon Designs
-Season asthetics
-No Roamers in BW2

Hate:

-Dream World
-Season restricted areas
-No Meloetta US event yet
-Berries can only be farmed in Dream World
---
Get on my bad side...and I'll freeze you solid!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem of all eternity.