This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will this generation have "common pokemon" spam?

#1KillerMechanoidPosted 1/13/2013 3:16:51 AM(edited)
Gen 1-4 are very guilty of spamming common pokemon on all their LAND routes.

Gen 1- Pidgey and Rattata lines
Gen 2- Same, but only gets really bad in the night when rattata becomes ubiquitous.
Gen 3- Zigzagoon. Found on pretty much all land routes except Mt. Chimney area, and it doesn't help that they're very common too.
Gen 4- Starly Lines and Bidoof lines, especially the latter. At least the Starly line is tolerable for being good pokemon. And there's also Geodude too...

Gen 5 actually isn't so bad. The game throws lots of Patrats at you near the starting routes, then they disappear. You only find Watchog in one area of the main game.

I hope this generation doesn't spam their starter bird/mammal all over the place like the first 4.
#2Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/13/2013 3:10:03 AM
Gen 2 has Sentret too.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#3darkflagrancePosted 1/13/2013 3:12:46 AM
Sentret's not really common though.
---
[This signature has been deleted due to the request of God.]
#4KillerMechanoid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:14:16 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Gen 2 has Sentret too.

Sentret's only found on the first route in the game, and Route 1.
#5DarthLaharlPosted 1/13/2013 3:14:50 AM
You started a common Pokemon spam topic without mentioning the Zubat, Geodude, Magicarp, Woobat, Roggenrola, Tentacool, Wingull, Machop, and Basculin?
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#6KillerMechanoid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:16:03 AM
DarthLaharl posted...
You started a common Pokemon spam topic without mentioning the Zubat, Geodude, Magicarp, Woobat, Roggenrola, Tentacool, Wingull, Machop, and Basculin?
---

Sorry, I meant to say common land route pokemon. I'll edit my post now.
#7lazycomplifePosted 1/13/2013 3:20:13 AM
Off topic(?) but I don't mind if they release less pokemon if they're quality pokemon. There are only so many cute pokemon you can make before they become redundant.
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#8KillerMechanoid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:22:18 AM
lazycomplife posted...
Off topic(?) but I don't mind if they release less pokemon if they're quality pokemon. There are only so many cute pokemon you can make before they become redundant.

True that... we don't want more "uselss gimmick" pokemon.
I'm also quite sad that all the Pikaclones these days don't evolve (Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu/Emolga). They could definitely be a lot better if they had an evolution.
#9Czar_YoshiPosted 1/13/2013 3:34:57 AM
In Gen5 Herdier is the spammed one, not Watchog.
#10KillerMechanoid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:38:59 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
In Gen5 Herdier is the spammed one, not Watchog.

Herdier's only found in the cold storage grass and the Route before Victory road, and I think the Dark grass on the first route as well.