This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alternate evolutions for new starters and older Pokemon

#1DarthLaharlPosted 1/13/2013 5:24:24 AM
Everyone is in speculation about the evos of the new starters. Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Grass/Dark, Grass/Fighting, Fire/Fighting, Water Flying, etc. What if in this generation the starters have branch evolutions like Ralts and Wurmple? I mean what if their evos depend on moves learned, stones, gender, etc.

I.E. Train Froakie to level 14 and let it learn <insert new fighting move> and it will evolve into it's Water/Fighting second stage.

OR

Train Froakie to level 16 and let it learn <insert new flying move> and it will evolve into it's Water/Flying second stage

OR

Level up Chespin pass level 15 at night to evolve into Grass/Dark

OR

Level up Chespin to level 15 and defeat 3 additional Pokemon(wild or trainer) without fainting to evolve into Grass/ Fighting

OR

Male Fennekin evolves into Fire/Fighting, Female Fennekin into Fire/Psychic

OR

High attack by level 16= Fire/Fighting OR High SP. ATTACK by level 16= Fire Psychic.

Also their stats and movepools change according to the evolution branch they take. The same can be applied to older Pokemon.

We don't really need a crap load of new Pokemon in fact I'm content with the five we've seen. The rest can be alternate branches for existing Pokemon across the last five regions. Especially the ones in need of evolutions. I would welcome this idea.

Also those above are just examples. You could think of or post other ways the starters or existing Pokemon can evolve on different evolutionary branches. This topic has great potential please don't ruin it.
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#2Milla_MaxwellPosted 1/13/2013 5:27:55 AM
I like these ideas all EXCEPT the Gender change evolution for Fennekin.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#3DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 5:30:20 AM(edited)
Milla_Maxwell posted...

Yeah, I didn't think anyone would like that one either. I know I don't. I just added it as a possibility y'know?
---
---
#4TriForceOmeletPosted 1/13/2013 5:38:04 AM
Milla_Maxwell posted...

---
TC, your username is awesome. That is all. -Godspark127
Won't change until RvB has an agent Indiana- started 1/7/13
#5DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 5:47:51 AM
Each of those possible evolution mechanics can be switched around between (any) Pokemon if it gives better understanding.

Think about it. Alternate Torchic evolution where it turns into a flying chicken instead of fighting one.

Alternate Piplup evolution where goes down a Water/Ice path instead of Water/Steel.

Alternate Feebas path where it turns into something hideous and offensive instead of Beautiful and defensive.

Alternate Magicarp evo thats Water/Dragon.

Help me out here!
---
---
#6DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 6:53:55 AM
bump.
---
---
#7DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 7:22:28 AM
Bump/ Just noticing how often topics like this sink down the list while troll topics and topics about things already discussed remain on top (I.E> These games r cool, the starters are gonna be water/fire/grass, whats your favorite starter, generation, etc. <those kind of topics)

This is the best opportunity to discuss something interesting I've seen on these boards since they were made. But don't mind it I guess you can go back to your "Whats ur favorite region topics" /rant.
---
---
#8MovesLikeJabbaPosted 1/13/2013 7:29:19 AM
DarthLaharl posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...

Yeah, I didn't think anyone would like that one either. I know I don't. I just added it as a possibility y'know?
---

You should feel bad for making me have to use another Fire/Fighting D:<
---
in the name of MAD, you gots to move like Jabba!
Official Flareon of the Eevee corps *wags tail* Official Shiny Fennekin of the Pokemon X & Y boards.