This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can we improve the ice type?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How can we improve the ice type?

User Info: ElectricNova

ElectricNova
4 years ago#1
It has a ton of weaknesses and isreally bad defensively, and all of the ice types seem to have really bad movepools and stats for some reason.

There needs to be a move, or an item, or something that makes them more viable. Or just a few really good ice types.

I mean sure it was probably a waste of time to ev train a glaceon but yeah...

I always found ground to be the most boring type but they always end up being high tier
The heroic and cool rope snake you once knew is dead. In a tiny, quiet voice, I say... so long.

User Info: nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo
4 years ago#2
Ice types kill Garchomp. My favourite pokemon.

I'm fine with the Ice type staying weak.
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D

User Info: Pale_Heart

Pale_Heart
4 years ago#3
Why ice? I think Bug Type need the most improvement

User Info: keflyn

keflyn
4 years ago#4
Poison needs to be improved first.
Beep-Beep-Bob-Bob-Tilly-Nilly-Wha-Wha-Icky-wicky wha-wha-Meep Meep-Larp-Lep-Sina-minga-Boom
Friends code = 1592 6108 1523

User Info: ElectricNova

ElectricNova
4 years ago#5
Really GF need to make an effort to make all of the weaker types viable, ice was just the first to come to mind. Now that I think about it poison is worse.
The heroic and cool rope snake you once knew is dead. In a tiny, quiet voice, I say... so long.

User Info: Shadow_StarWolf

Shadow_StarWolf
4 years ago#6
Ice is an offensive type, not a defensive.
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!

User Info: Dayner_Kurdi

Dayner_Kurdi
4 years ago#7
make ice resists water
Official Yamata no Orochi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: Kitschgardener

Kitschgardener
4 years ago#8
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

This. Otherwise we'll be arguing over how many weaknesses Rock or Grass has instead. Future Ice Pokémon should be at least 1 speed point faster than Chomp (or whatever dominates future battles) and carry anti-priority moves or abilities (not counting Quick Guard).

User Info: Soanevalcke6

Soanevalcke6
4 years ago#9
Gamefreak should stop Distributing Ice-type's stats as if they're going to Wall anything.
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6

User Info: Dracovian

Dracovian
4 years ago#10
Kitschgardener posted...
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

This. Otherwise we'll be arguing over how many weaknesses Rock or Grass has instead. Future Ice Pokémon should be at least 1 speed point faster than Chomp (or whatever dominates future battles) and carry anti-priority moves or abilities (not counting Quick Guard).

They can't do the base stat allocation just on countering one Pokémon. If Garchomp is a concern you should have other Pokémon to deal with him.
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How can we improve the ice type?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived