This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can we improve the ice type?

#1ElectricNovaPosted 1/13/2013 6:05:39 AM
It has a ton of weaknesses and isreally bad defensively, and all of the ice types seem to have really bad movepools and stats for some reason.

There needs to be a move, or an item, or something that makes them more viable. Or just a few really good ice types.

I mean sure it was probably a waste of time to ev train a glaceon but yeah...

I always found ground to be the most boring type but they always end up being high tier
---
The heroic and cool rope snake you once knew is dead. In a tiny, quiet voice, I say... so long.
#2nazacuckooPosted 1/13/2013 6:06:27 AM
Ice types kill Garchomp. My favourite pokemon.

I'm fine with the Ice type staying weak.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#3Pale_HeartPosted 1/13/2013 6:07:14 AM
Why ice? I think Bug Type need the most improvement
#4keflynPosted 1/13/2013 6:07:35 AM
Poison needs to be improved first.
---
Beep-Beep-Bob-Bob-Tilly-Nilly-Wha-Wha-Icky-wicky wha-wha-Meep Meep-Larp-Lep-Sina-minga-Boom
Friends code = 1592 6108 1523
#5ElectricNova(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 6:08:46 AM
Really GF need to make an effort to make all of the weaker types viable, ice was just the first to come to mind. Now that I think about it poison is worse.
---
The heroic and cool rope snake you once knew is dead. In a tiny, quiet voice, I say... so long.
#6Shadow_StarWolfPosted 1/13/2013 6:09:24 AM
Ice is an offensive type, not a defensive.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#7Dayner_KurdiPosted 1/13/2013 6:15:50 AM
make ice resists water
---
Official Yamata no Orochi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#8KitschgardenerPosted 1/13/2013 6:54:54 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

This. Otherwise we'll be arguing over how many weaknesses Rock or Grass has instead. Future Ice Pokémon should be at least 1 speed point faster than Chomp (or whatever dominates future battles) and carry anti-priority moves or abilities (not counting Quick Guard).
#9Soanevalcke6Posted 1/13/2013 6:56:09 AM
Gamefreak should stop Distributing Ice-type's stats as if they're going to Wall anything.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#10DracovianPosted 1/13/2013 6:56:53 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

This. Otherwise we'll be arguing over how many weaknesses Rock or Grass has instead. Future Ice Pokémon should be at least 1 speed point faster than Chomp (or whatever dominates future battles) and carry anti-priority moves or abilities (not counting Quick Guard).

They can't do the base stat allocation just on countering one Pokémon. If Garchomp is a concern you should have other Pokémon to deal with him.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House