This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For all of you who hate on Garbodor

#11SymphonicGloryPosted 1/13/2013 10:36:43 AM
Aqua69696 posted...
ElectricNova posted...
I love the ice cream evo line, I've never seen anyone with a legitimate reason to hate it other than "It's ice cream inanimate objects they used to be animals like magneton and grimer lawl"

No, Magneton is magnets given form. That's it's thing. Magnetism is natural.
Grimer is toxic sludge.
Vanilluxe is Icicles.
Voltorb was the mimic of pokemon.

But Garbador is just stupid. A rubbish bag is more of a human idea than a thing, so making a monster based on it just strikes me as horrendously cheesy.

http://bogleech.com/pokemon/trash.html

Just in case you missed it the first time.
It's okay if you don't like the design, but don't just write it off as stupid.
#12vital_tundraPosted 1/13/2013 10:46:39 AM
That Bogleech article sums it up perfectly. While you may not like the way it looks it IS good design. Any real graphic artist can tell you that much. Haters gonna hate. But he is still well designed.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#13Aqua69696Posted 1/13/2013 11:45:25 AM
vital_tundra posted...
That Bogleech article sums it up perfectly. While you may not like the way it looks it IS good design. Any real graphic artist can tell you that much. Haters gonna hate. But he is still well designed.

I'd like him a hell of a lot more without the pigtails. They look... wrong.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#14UltraOshawottPosted 1/13/2013 11:46:19 AM
Tell that to the level 95 Garbodor I have that's beaten the E4.
---
Games on my Preorder List: N/A
#15TheRedLumaPosted 1/13/2013 11:47:53 AM
I'm pleased with the ice cream and garbage line. After Gen IV, I was begging for some originality and those lines gave it to me. True, they aren't the best and they aren't attractive, but I still like them. :)
---
White 2: Nikki
FC: 3697-8095-3793
#16VentwigPosted 1/13/2013 11:51:11 AM
Aqua69696 posted...
vital_tundra posted...

I'd like him a hell of a lot more without the pigtails. They look... wrong.

i think he'd look empty without them.
---
--- Official Turtwig of the Kingdom Hearts 3D Boards
Pie is yummy. And Kingdom Hearts is fun.
#17aryanbrarPosted 1/13/2013 12:01:46 PM
its not bad stat and moveset wise.
#18EstheimasterPosted 1/13/2013 12:06:05 PM
I don't hate him. I was originally offended that the first Pokémon game based off America had a Pokémon based off an overflowing trash bag, but I had forgotten about Muk. Muk showed that they were willing to poke fun at themselves for the sake of a laugh, and we should accept Garbodor as we did Muk.

It does still seem like an odd coincidence that he debuted in America still and not the previous Gens based off Japan. This makes me think that there's be some sort of French-Trash-Poison Pokémon. A surrender flag maybe?
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#19AurawhispererPosted 1/13/2013 12:13:33 PM
Weezing is better looking than both poop slime ans garbage collector