This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something disturbing about starter Pokemon

#1Grand_BluePosted 1/13/2013 10:03:15 AM
There exists no starter Pokemon in the wild, only in special breeding centers and given out to starting trainers.

How did this start? Once upon a time a bunch of Piplup, Prinplup, and Empoleon lived in peace with each other all over the world. Then one day the Pokemon professors decided that these Pokemon were good for starting trainers, so they captured and kidnapped every single one of the Piplup family and they are now all being held at their breeding centers. How sad is it that they are confined to a small part of the Pokemon world.

It's very sad and disturbing how starter Pokemon like Piplup can't even enjoy the basic freedoms of the Pokemon world, but Pokemon like Bidoof and Zubat can.
#2scrappybristolPosted 1/13/2013 10:03:54 AM
Starter farms.
---
Ring Ring
#3FuneralCakePosted 1/13/2013 10:04:21 AM
Maybe they're critically endangered species.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
#4vital_tundraPosted 1/13/2013 10:05:15 AM
I think its just a gameplay thing. And if we had to explain it, it would be that they are just super rare to the point that you can't find them through normal means.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#5ThatKippPosted 1/13/2013 10:07:04 AM
I think its just a gameplay thing. And if we had to explain it, it would be that they are just super rare to the point that you can't find them through normal means.

Well no duh, but this is a video game, so of course we should explain all of the gameplay things like they're real.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#6MilsoPosted 1/13/2013 10:07:10 AM
I always got the idea that the Pokemon you start with were just ones randomly picked out for you. It made even more sense in Diamond and Pearl were you just happened to pick one up and were going to return it to its owner. Even Oak said Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle just happened to be what he had left from when he was younger.

I don't think the games have ever made a big deal about how all new trainers go to the professor to receive a specific type of Pokemon, that's purely an anime thing.
---
rawr
#7AboveTopSecretPosted 1/13/2013 10:08:34 AM
I think it's weirder that they all have the same ability.
---
Salt causes Diabetes.
#8mralpha543Posted 1/13/2013 10:10:37 AM
There are wild Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon in the Almia region. I'm assuming the starters are just captured in different regions.
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Team Rocket's Rockin'! X-Deer name revealed: Xhika
#9vital_tundraPosted 1/13/2013 10:12:01 AM
mralpha543 posted...
There are wild Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon in the Almia region. I'm assuming the starters are just captured in different regions.

Right here. Totally forgot the Ranger games continuity.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#10MasterSpectrobePosted 1/13/2013 10:25:57 AM
They all come from a remote island called Starter Island, this island has an abundance of habitats for water, fire, and grass types. This island was not meant to be released to public because of worries of random trainers disturbing their natural habitat.
Top experts like professors and researchers come here to study them occasionally and bring back certain starters issued by the region. The main reason why this place is disclosed to the public is because a certain legendary pokemon remains their to protect these starters and keep peace.
Only those who have an unparalleled love for pokemon may step foot here otherwise you will get stricken down by the awesome might of its guardian.
The professors hire expert breeders to mass produce these creatures for trainers who have just started their new journey.

This is the best explanation, I'm sure someone can fix those grammatical errors but until then enjoy.
---
"Super Saiyans playing children's card games in space"
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8537/superyuuma1.jpg