This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't people like the 2nd Gen?

#21Robot_SoopaPosted 1/13/2013 1:15:18 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Who cares if it was the First if other Generations did it better? I thought Gold and Silver were good back then, but just not anymore. Games are, and should be, judged based on todays Standards, not the Standards of when they were released (mainly because that makes no damn sense "Oh this game is good because it was good when it was released", that's absolutely useless for people who are looking for recommendation) Some Games stand the Test of Time (Like, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past), Some do not (Pokemon Generations 1 and 2)

That's beyond stupid. Things that are possible today were literally impossible back then. If a game was good when it came out then it's a good game. It doesn't become worse because time passed. It's still the same game.
#22Leo_ColtPosted 1/13/2013 1:17:47 PM
I actually prefer Gen II over the remakes.
#23Soanevalcke6Posted 1/13/2013 1:19:18 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Who cares if it was the First if other Generations did it better? I thought Gold and Silver were good back then, but just not anymore. Games are, and should be, judged based on todays Standards, not the Standards of when they were released (mainly because that makes no damn sense "Oh this game is good because it was good when it was released", that's absolutely useless for people who are looking for recommendation) Some Games stand the Test of Time (Like, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past), Some do not (Pokemon Generations 1 and 2)

That's beyond stupid. Things that are possible today were literally impossible back then. If a game was good when it came out then it's a good game. It doesn't become worse because time passed. It's still the same game.

Standards in game design have Changed, and better games have been made, If you think that games don't age you're "Beyond Stupid."

Old games that are made very well Age well
Old Games could also have been revolutionary for their time, but don't Age Well.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#24ProIoguePosted 1/13/2013 1:24:34 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Things that are possible today were literally impossible back then.

So if a game is Bad now because of Limitations, that makes it good?
---
First Outside Inside Last
#25NejiHyuga900Posted 1/13/2013 3:01:18 PM
I don't hate the second generation games but the Pokémon in generation 2 are my least favorite.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#26Mewtwo_soulPosted 1/13/2013 3:03:36 PM
Comparing to now GSC was a major introduction to many of the major mechanics we have today.

That's not to say many others didn't add to the formula but more so to changing and improving the current ones instead of actually adding on with a few exceptions.

I have no idea why people hate Gen II, but I never found it that bad.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#27BottledPoePosted 1/13/2013 3:14:17 PM
People like it just fine. When B/W came out people were complaining about how terrible 3rd gen was.

Every time a new game comes out, people will jump on a bandwagon to hate on a previous gen.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7585-1835
#28FungusForBrainsPosted 1/13/2013 4:29:29 PM(edited)
BOTTLEDPOE posted...
People like it just fine. When B/W came out people were complaining about how terrible 3rd gen was.

Every time a new game comes out, people will jump on a bandwagon to hate on a previous gen.

It's Gen. III's turn soon, and then people will love Gen. IV a lot.
#29SSBBSBPosted 1/13/2013 4:30:14 PM
it gave us interesting pre evolutions like Elekid Magby Smoochum and Pichu

*spittake*
---
All humans are creepy in their own way. - ggghhh3