This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one thinking about Ghost?

#1NanaboboPosted 1/13/2013 12:09:18 PM
I mean, everyone seems certain Fennekin will end up either Fire/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, or straight Fire. What if it ends up being a Fire/Ghost type? It has a very wispy-looking body already at its basic stage, and Ghost-types are also known for their Psychic-type attacks. Plus the whole spirit-fox thing that Japan has going on. I think it's possible and would be more creative than another Fire/Fighting or a Fire/Psychic.
---
White FC: 1034 0534 2444
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 1/13/2013 12:11:52 PM
I dont think Any Starter will Ever be Dark or Ghost because the MC is supposed to be an inherently Good Character, and Dark and Ghost are representatives of Evil and Darkness respectively.

Sure the MC has the choice to use these later, but they should not have it as their starter.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#3el_tercer_poderPosted 1/13/2013 12:20:36 PM(edited)
Soanevalcke6 posted...
I dont think Any Starter will Ever be Dark or Ghost because the MC is supposed to be an inherently Good Character, and Dark and Ghost are representatives of Evil and Darkness respectively.

Sure the MC has the choice to use these later, but they should not have it as their starter.

Not exactly.

Dark is NOT evil, per se (even if its japanese name is labeled as such).
No Pokemon is inherently evil; it's up to their trainers if a Pokemon does "good" or "evil" stuff.

Dark just means under-handed tactics, like sucker-punching and stuff, but that doesn't mean they're *evil*.

As for ghosts, meh, not darkness exactly.
More like shadows and spirits; and again, not evil (at worst, they're pranksters, like Rotom).
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#4FullAutoCVTPosted 1/13/2013 12:39:50 PM
I think they are unlikely because of their perceived exoticness, just like dragon and steel types. GF is telling us if you want one you have to find your own.
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1001 posts........and counting
#5FullAutoCVTPosted 1/13/2013 12:40:15 PM
But empoleon? Oh well
---
Vroom Vroooom! FULL AUTO!!!
Kunimitsu, the goddess of 1001 posts........and counting
#6AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 1/13/2013 12:43:23 PM
I could sort of see it, if Fennekin gained illusaionary powers or something as it evolved. I'd still say it's not terribly likely, though.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#7SymphonicGloryPosted 1/13/2013 12:54:46 PM
While possible, I don't expect it to be part ghost. If it does though, I would be pleasantly surprised.