This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fakemon Guessing Game

#1RethalwolfPosted 1/13/2013 2:26:03 PM
Hey all, here's an idea I came up with on the John! And no, the John is not what I call my boyfriend.
I don't have a boyfriend.
I'm a straight male.
I'm alone.
*sniff*ANYWAY.
So, introducing the FAKEMON GUESSING GAME!!!
Here's the idea.

You can introduce your own Fakemon or try to guess the qualities of others, dealer's choice.
And that's it!
Here, I'll start you off with an evolution chain:

Epectike
Rapiersla

Things to guess:
Type(s)
What it's/they're based on
Order of evolution
Anything else you think you should know that I haven't thought would be something you don't already know

You can try guessing mine or put up your own, but I'll definitely tell you if you're right!
I think the only fairness rule I want to incorporate here is, only one Fakemon (chain) per person at a time.
Maybe this'll become a thing! I dunno. Let's try it?
GO!
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#2Hardy_Fan21Posted 1/13/2013 2:33:55 PM
I wanna guess that Rapiersla is sword-based (Rapier) so I'll assume he's at least part Steel type.
---
Will not change this sig until the 30th WWE Triple Crown Champion is crowned. (Started 20/06/2011)
#3Twilight_SonataPosted 1/13/2013 2:35:20 PM
Well, Epectike and Rapiersla are clearly derived from Epee (+strike?) and Rapier (+slash?) respectively, so I'm gonna say they're Steel/Fighting Pokemon. According to Wikipedia, the Epee is a more modern derivative of the Rapier, so I'm gonna guess that Rapiersla evolves into Epectike.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#4Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:54:49 PM
Hardy_Fan21 posted...
I wanna guess that Rapiersla is sword-based (Rapier) so I'll assume he's at least part Steel type.

True, and true! 2 points! (See below, I just added a points system.)

Twilight_Sonata posted...
Well, Epectike and Rapiersla are clearly derived from Epee (+strike?) and Rapier (+slash?) respectively, so I'm gonna say they're Steel/Fighting Pokemon. According to Wikipedia, the Epee is a more modern derivative of the Rapier, so I'm gonna guess that Rapiersla evolves into Epectike.

Epectike's name comes from Epee and two other parts. One point Twilight! (Maybe I should add a points system...)
You got Rapier too, and though there are two other parts of its name as well, one of them is sort of... "consumed" by the other two parts.
And since you guessed Steel/Fighting for both, I'm going to have to give you a point for guessing one of Epectike's types: Steel!

Unfortunately, I cannot give you any points for guessing Rapier since Hardy already got the point for that, but here are the points that remain:
+1 point for Epectike's second type
+1 point for Rapiersla's second type
+1 point for evolution order
+1 point for Epectike's name, part 2
+1 point for Epectike's name, part 3
+1 point for Rapiersla's name, part 2
+1 point for Rapiersla's name, part 3

Here's a little hint: One of the parts of one of their names is directly related to evolution order.

Current Scores:
Hardy_Fan21: 2
Twilight_Sonata: 2
(Mind, for those who add their own, only keep track of scores directly pertaining to your guesses. Each guessing game will retain its own scores because otherwise it just gets dirty.)
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#5Twilight_SonataPosted 1/13/2013 2:59:16 PM(edited)
Well, if it's not Rapiersla => Epectike, then it must be Epectike => Rapiersla. As for their other type, I'm gonna guess "electric" (and maybe still "strike" like a lightning strike) for the former and "Tesla" for the latter, making them electric.
---
#6Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:05:31 PM
Well, if it's not Rapiersla => Epectike, then it must be Epectike => Rapiersla. As for their other type, I'm gonna guess "electric" (and maybe still "strike" like a lightning strike) for the former and "Tesla" for the latter, making them electric.

+2 points for typing, and +1 for order. +1 for each name.

Remaining points:

Current Scores:
Twilight_Sonata: 7

The order-of-evolution part of the name is still up for grabs.
Also, this is gonna be a very short game if no one adds their own!
And, finally, for the scoring, keep track of your own, yes, but it doesn't have to be PER fakemon (chain). Just your own game-set.
In any case, I'm going to start coming up with more names!
---
#7Twilight_SonataPosted 1/13/2013 3:20:42 PM
I'll play, sure. I'll even give them in proper evolution order.

Riophin
Encantazon
Botantado

Shouldn't be too hard. I'm just looking for the animal that it's based on and the myth it's based on. If you want to guess typing, I guess that's cool too; I'll even say the first has only one type and the subsequent add a second type.
---
#8Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:32:46 PM
I'll play, sure. I'll even give them in proper evolution order.

Riophin
Encantazon
Botantado

Shouldn't be too hard. I'm just looking for the animal that it's based on and the myth it's based on. If you want to guess typing, I guess that's cool too; I'll even say the first has only one type and the subsequent add a second type.

Well, I'm not too strong in the 'myth' section, but to me it sounds like dolphin, then a couple a deep sea fish.

So I'm guessing the typings all have water in them... then Dark for the second two?
---
#9Twilight_SonataPosted 1/13/2013 3:36:56 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
Well, I'm not too strong in the 'myth' section, but to me it sounds like dolphin, then a couple a deep sea fish.
So I'm guessing the typings all have water in them... then Dark for the second two?

Dolphin for all three, yes, but I'm looking for a particular kind of dolphin. No deep sea fish or even any other animal. All three are water, yes, but no Dark.

So, if you want points... 1 for dolphin, 1 for water type. Still want 1 for specific kind of dolphin, 1 for the legend, and 1 for the secondary typing. I guess another 1 point for each of the names that can be successfully broken down (each only has 2 parts).
---
#10earthmaster3Posted 1/13/2013 3:41:41 PM
Rethalwolf posted...

+2 points for typing, and +1 for order. +1 for each name.

Remaining points:

Current Scores:
Twilight_Sonata: 7

The order-of-evolution part of the name is still up for grabs.
Also, this is gonna be a very short game if no one adds their own!
And, finally, for the scoring, keep track of your own, yes, but it doesn't have to be PER fakemon (chain). Just your own game-set.
In any case, I'm going to start coming up with more names!

Is Epectike's name Part three supposed to reference Tyke, as it's first stage?
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch