This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do we need more moves in future games? currently we have 559 moves gen 1 to 5

#21pokemonfreak97Posted 1/14/2013 9:16:41 AM
Lentastic posted...
Interesting, there were a total of 251 moves in gen 2, that's the exact number of pokémon there were back then.

There was even a glitch that involved using this to get any Pokémon but Ledyba (which corresponded to Struggle) by a trick involving breeding. Celebi was Beat Up and Mewtwo (ironically) was Splash.
---
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
Official Pokemon #678 of the Pokemon X boards. What?
#22supermoc10Posted 1/14/2013 10:18:42 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
I actually had an idea for a system where your Pokemon retain all their learned moves, but you can switch them out at a PokeCenter without having to visit a Move Tutor.

With that system, you would only have four active moves that could be used in battle, but outside of battle you could use any moves your Pokemon had learned that are available outside of battle (Cut, Flash, etc.). This would eliminate the need for an HM slave by cutting out wasted battle move slots.

However the active battle move set could only be changed at a PokeCenter. Also, any moves your Pokemon didn't learn upon leveling would have to be taught by a Move Tutor.

That would be awesome. How come Nintendo still hasn't figured this out?
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#23SvenshinhanPosted 1/14/2013 10:31:03 AM
supermoc10 posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...
I actually had an idea for a system where your Pokemon retain all their learned moves, but you can switch them out at a PokeCenter without having to visit a Move Tutor.

With that system, you would only have four active moves that could be used in battle, but outside of battle you could use any moves your Pokemon had learned that are available outside of battle (Cut, Flash, etc.). This would eliminate the need for an HM slave by cutting out wasted battle move slots.

However the active battle move set could only be changed at a PokeCenter. Also, any moves your Pokemon didn't learn upon leveling would have to be taught by a Move Tutor.

That would be awesome. How come Nintendo still hasn't figured this out?

Because they want to arbitrarily keep things annoying for no real reason.

I'm pretty sure PLENTY of people working at GameFreak have suggested making more quality of life changes or implementing more innovative ideas. My guess is they're continuously shot down by the higher ups who want to change as little as possible because they're afraid of taking risks.
---
Hakuna Matata
#24Oreno5267(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 11:35:23 AM
what move names has GF not used already that will likely be in gen 6?
---
gays gonna gay, gamers gonna game, haters gonna hate, fat people gonna fat, jews gonna jew, racists gonna racist, pundits gonna pundit, lolis gonna loli