This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has everyone been this excited about a pokemon game before?

#11Robot_SoopaPosted 1/13/2013 4:42:45 PM
TherianReturns posted...
I am always excited over a Pokemon. But not over-excited over 3D. I prefer sprites and 2D with tons of content, over 3D and very little content (even though this remains to be seen)

What even puts the thought in your head that this will have less content? I prefer sprites as well but 3D Models are EASIER to do which would lead to the natural conclusion that we'd actually get MORE content with 3D. It could also be the reason for the simultaneous worldwide release. They can get work done easier and faster.
#12TherianReturnsPosted 1/13/2013 4:44:34 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
TherianReturns posted...
I am always excited over a Pokemon. But not over-excited over 3D. I prefer sprites and 2D with tons of content, over 3D and very little content (even though this remains to be seen)

What even puts the thought in your head that this will have less content? I prefer sprites as well but 3D Models are EASIER to do which would lead to the natural conclusion that we'd actually get MORE content with 3D. It could also be the reason for the simultaneous worldwide release. They can get work done easier and faster.

I hope you're right. But Trollfreak is notorious for leaving past content out.
---
Therian the God King. The only true Pokemon fan.
#13ZERO2936Posted 1/13/2013 4:44:41 PM
I haven't. I only recently got back into Pokemon, so that's probably why. But since this is a new region, with new pokemon and a new adventure, and I won't be having it all spoiled for me months earlier due to worldwide release, I'm really excited.
#14FrankulaPosted 1/13/2013 4:46:44 PM
I was probably more excited for pokemon red/blue. They came out back when I went to daycare, and i remember all the other kinds having it and so me and my brother begged our parents for it! It looked like so much fun. I remember playing all the way to Misty's gym battle in the first sitting (before getting dragged away for dinner or something idk).
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#15WitchBaby4200Posted 1/13/2013 4:46:56 PM
scrappybristol posted...
RippleLaser posted...
The move to 3D with cel-shading graphics excited me.

The move to releasing worldwide excites me.

This. Both. I think there is always excitement for any new Poke game, but I think the game is more hyped with the two things mentioned above.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.