This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't believe people are upset...

#11OldDirtyCRPosted 1/13/2013 7:11:11 PM
zalak321 posted...
Not too too many, but i've seen a ton of people angry at Nintendo.

...Make up your mind. "a ton" is directly conflicting with "not too many"
#12Soanevalcke6Posted 1/13/2013 7:11:41 PM
earthmaster3 posted...
What will they eventually call the RSE remakes?

TerraRuby and AquaSapphire.

inb4MagmaRuby
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#13BenzychenzPosted 1/13/2013 7:13:58 PM
earthmaster3 posted...
What will they eventually call the RSE remakes?

Red Ruby and Blue Sapphire.
And you will go to Kanto after the Pokemon League.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#14GATTJTPosted 1/13/2013 7:15:07 PM

Not necessarily. A ton is 2000 lbs. If each person complaining weighed an average of 150 lbs, it would take 14 people to equal about a ton, which isn't a lot of people.
---
Second in command to CE's resident villain and head of his army of evil minions.
#15CWtennisPosted 1/13/2013 7:16:08 PM
Ruby Tue(sday) and Saphire 2
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#16OldDirtyCRPosted 1/13/2013 7:18:35 PM(edited)
GATTJT posted...

Not necessarily. A ton is 2000 lbs. If each person complaining weighed an average of 150 lbs, it would take 14 people to equal about a ton, which isn't a lot of people.

The likelihood of him referring to a group of people by weight is 0.000001%. No one talks like that.

ton (tn)
n. Abbr. t. or tn.
1. A unit of weight equal to 2,000 pounds (0.907 metric ton or 907.18 kilograms). Also called net ton, short ton.
2. A unit of weight equal to 2,240 pounds (1.016 metric tons or 1,016.05 kilograms). Also called long ton.
3. A metric ton. See Table at measurement.
4. A unit of capacity for cargo in maritime shipping, normally estimated at 40 cubic feet.
5. A unit of internal capacity of a ship equal to 100 cubic feet.
6. A unit for measuring the displacement of ships, equal to 35 cubic feet, and supposed to equal the volume taken by a long ton of seawater.
7. Informal
a. A large extent, amount, or number. Often used in the plural: has a ton of work; gets tons of fan mail.
b. Used adverbially with a or in the plural to mean "to a great degree or extent" or "frequently": felt a ton better; has seen her tons lately.
[Middle English tonne, a measure of weight; see tun.]
#17thescorpionPosted 1/13/2013 8:19:26 PM
beebarb posted...
It baffles me as to why people are complaining, and even want R/S/E remakes in the first place. The Pokemon from those games can be transferred to the newer games without issue. Yes, it's a bit lengthy because to get them into generation V you have to use a generation IV game as an intermediary, but it's possible.

And it is most likely going to still be possible to get them into the generation VI games X and Y. It is unnecessary for the games to be remade, especially as the only people who would actually need remakes would be those who waited until the DSi came out to get a DS.

Hoenn wasn't the best of regions, and the plot was nonsensical (the evil team wanting to expand the land or sea, they could have done a lot better than that).

I can think of three reasons for R/S/E remakes:

1. Neither R/S/E or FR/LG (and Gen1's R,B, Y and G) were internet compatible as the GBA (and the handhelds before the GBA) wasn't internet compatible so we have never had a Kanto based or a Hoenn based game (where we start in those regions) that was internet compatible.

The first Pokemon games to be internet compatible didn't occur until Generation 4 when we got Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and the Gold and Silver remakes on the Nintendo DS.

So far only the games where we start in Johto [as of HeartGold and SoulSilver], Sinnoh and Unova regions have been internet compatible) [The Gen 6 region will most likely be internet compatible as well since X and Y are 3DS games.]

2. Chances are a R/S/E remake wouldn't have the berry glitch the original Ruby and Sapphire games had.

3. The GBA cart battery thing where if the battery runs out inside the GBA cartridge, then the save data is lost.
---
Looks like they have spilled coffee on the server again.
#18beebarbPosted 1/14/2013 4:41:46 AM
A bit late to be responding to this, but I only just noticed.

thescorpion posted...
I can think of three reasons for R/S/E remakes:

1. Neither R/S/E or FR/LG (and Gen1's R,B, Y and G) were internet compatible as the GBA (and the handhelds before the GBA) wasn't internet compatible so we have never had a Kanto based or a Hoenn based game (where we start in those regions) that was internet compatible.

The first Pokemon games to be internet compatible didn't occur until Generation 4 when we got Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and the Gold and Silver remakes on the Nintendo DS.

So far only the games where we start in Johto [as of HeartGold and SoulSilver], Sinnoh and Unova regions have been internet compatible) [The Gen 6 region will most likely be internet compatible as well since X and Y are 3DS games.]

Not a particularly good reason.

2. Chances are a R/S/E remake wouldn't have the berry glitch the original Ruby and Sapphire games had.

The glitch was patched if the cart was mailed in to Nintendo, or connected to FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald/Pokemon Channel/Pokemon XD and a few other titles.

3. The GBA cart battery thing where if the battery runs out inside the GBA cartridge, then the save data is lost.

That applies only to Game Boy games. Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were basically the last games to use a battery, and that was only for the Real Time Clock chip not save support, as GBA carts had moved to basic flash memory for saving.

If the battery runs flat on R/S/E, all that will happen is berries won't grow, daily events won't happen, and Eevee would either not evolve or only evolve into either Umbreon or Espeon depending upon when the RTC chip stopped functioning.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#19Riolu-MasterPosted 1/14/2013 4:46:21 AM
FR/LG - GBA
HG/SS - DS
R/S remakes - 3DS?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1034 9126 6643
#20QuetzalmaPosted 1/14/2013 4:58:46 AM
Marbiaach posted...
People are upset over this?