This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X/Y: Physical vs Digital

#1Miggi3Fr3shPosted 1/13/2013 9:04:26 PM
When the new Pokemon X/Y get released which way will you be purchasing the game? - Results (50 votes)
Physical Copy
94% (47 votes)
Digital Copy
6% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
There are so many factors to consider with Pokemon games when considering purchasing a physical copy of the game or purchasing it from the e-Shop. I honestly am not a fan on DD from Nintendo but aside of the e-shop and VC only games I know for a fact that ACNL would be a game I would download and considered the future Pokemon game to be another. However now I am thinking about it and am unsure

Cons:
1. Future consoles. Unless you can transfer 3DS games to the future handheld, you'll have to keep the 3DS system around to play it.
2. I don't use AR or Pokegen but I'd assume this would not be a good thing for the people who do.
3. Can't resell. Not that I've ever resold a Pokemon game...

Pros:
1. GameFreak may enable easier transferring by using the game slot.
2. Always having access to the game
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 PSN: Miggi3Fr3sh86
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#2PinnaParkPosted 1/13/2013 9:07:21 PM
I am such a materialist that I'll always buy the physical copy if there is one. Digital is so much better though, I have to admit.
#3banjo kazooiePosted 1/13/2013 9:08:30 PM
Physical. Unless I can trade without a second console if both copies are digital, or some crazy **** like that.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#4MM125Posted 1/13/2013 9:29:14 PM
As down as I am with digital distribution on my iPhone, I feel like storage space is a big issue. I can keep plenty of smaller games, but I feel like if I were to get a full 3DS game, I'd run out of room quick.

Miggi3Fr3sh posted...
1. GameFreak may enable easier transferring by using the game slot.

That said, this is probably the only reason that seems compelling enough for me to get a digital copy. And even then, it would depend on what the pre-order bonus was.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket